INFORMATION AGE USHERS IN A NEW SOURCE
- Florida Court Records to Go Public. // Information Management Journal;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p10
The article reports that the Florida Supreme Court has approved rules that make most state court records available to Internet users.
- Dallas County Courts Going Digital. // Information Management Journal;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p18
The article reports on the conversion of paper court files to electronic format in Dallas County, Texas.
- OHIO LABOR LAW UPHELD ON APPEAL. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/15/2001, Vol. 247 Issue 16, p15
Reports the ruling of the court of labor agreements on state-funded projects in Ohio. Legality of the Open Contracting Act; Details of the law; Implications of the law.
- Investigating a court record? Good luck. FARGO, Anthony L. // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/22/2011 Supplement, p11B
The article presents the author's insights regarding openness and transparency of government to court records. The author relates the strategy applied by the statewide court in Indiana to provide public access in records, juvenile proceedings and family cases using electronic court record...
- S. Court lifts moratorium on online access to court records. Blankenship, Gary // Florida Bar News;4/15/2014, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p1
The article reports that the Supreme Court of Florida has allowed county court clerks to give online access to court records as it adopts the Florida Courts Technology Commission's (FCTC) standards for online access.
- Claims limited to economic loss. Persaud, Joy // People Management;6/12/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p9
Focuses on a ruling of an employment appeal tribunal in Great Britain which prevented employees to claim compensation for damages for personal injury or injury to feelings in unfair dismissal cases. Impact of the ruling on Dunnachie versus Kingston upon Hull City Council on human resource...
- Appeal Court blasts employment tribunal. Malkin, Brendan // Lawyer;2/25/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p4
Reports on the ruling of the British Appeal Court on the decision of an employment tribunal (ET) to refuse to hear the case of lay representative Errol Harry after accusing the ET panel of racism. Information on lay representatives; Order of the court for local authorities.
- Privacy, Accountability, and the Cooperating Defendant: Towards a New Role for Internet Access to Court Records. Morrison, Caren Myers // Vanderbilt Law Review;Apr2009, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p919
Now that federal court records are available online, anyone can obtain criminal case files instantly over the Internet. But this unfettered flow of information is in fundamental tension with many goals of the criminal justice system, including the integrity of criminal investigations, the...
- Committee Corner. // IRR News Report;Summer2011, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p6
This section offers news briefs concerning committees of the American Bar Association (ABA) as of September 2011. The Section's Committee Excellence Award will be given to the Civil Rights and Equal Opportunity Committee. The Privacy and Information Protection Committee conducted a...