Government to help get employees 'Fit for Work.'
- Sickness. Martin, David M. // A to Z of Employment Practice;2004, p517
The article offers a guide to legal requirements of employee sickness in Great Britain. This guide provides an example of a self-certification form used by employees after their sickness. The rules regarding the payment of Statutory Sick Pay are discussed. Moreover, this guide gives a draft...
- Wellness programs could be the cure. Milligan, Amanda // Business Insurance;01/24/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p3
Reports on the benefits of implementing wellness programs for employers and employees in the United States. Reduction of treatment costs by targeting unhealthy behaviors, such as smoking and alcohol abuse; Focus on general health factors, such as nutrition and stress management; Factors for the...
- Most worksites promoting employee health: Study. Milligan, Amanda // Business Insurance;01/24/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p14
Reports on a study on employee wellness programs in the United States. Proportion of worksites that are taking steps to implement employee health promotion programs; Level of support by top management for wellness concepts; Common wellness activities and services offered; Growing interest in...
- Working WELLNESS into your workforce. Simpson, Sandra // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Jun2003, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p1
Highlights findings of a survey on corporate wellness programs in the U.S., commissioned by the American Association of Occupational Health Nurses. Employee perceptions of corporate wellness programs; Impact on employee turnover and retention; Priority topic for work site wellness. INSET: WHO...
- Introduction. // Electronic Ardell Wellness Report (E-AWR);5/16/2008, Issue 435, p1
The article presents an introduction of an essay within the issue on enriching worksite wellness.
- Employees urged to shout about safety. // Convenience Store;10/1/2010, p7
The article reports on the British Safety Council-run campaign Speak Up Stay Safe, which urges young employees in Great Britain to take greater responsibility for their health and safety by speaking up if they feel any aspects of their job are unsafe.
- Totally awesome major editorial--wellness at work. // Ardell Wellness Report;Summer/Fall91, Issue 26, p4
Editorial. Comments on wellness in the workplace. Design of future workplaces; Corporate arena as most significant venue for wellness; Strategies and issues; Bibliography on well companies.
- Benjamins motivate health habits. // Office Professional;Jun2011, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p3
The article reports on the results of the survey conducted by Workplace Options on the availability of employer wellness programs to improve employees' health.
- CNE QUESTIONS. // Occupational Health Management;May2010, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p60
A quiz related to occupational health is presented.