- Time for the war on crime. Dooley, Susan // Yankee;May95, Vol. 59 Issue 5, p84
Presents an anecdote on house cleaning. Advice on cleaning windows; Technique for indoor cleaning; Use of the imagination for floor cleaning. INSET: Cleaning antique rugs..
- The baffling case of the found cash. Vincent, Peggy // Christian Science Monitor;7/18/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 163, p23
Tells of how the author discovered a 100 dollar bill hidden in an old newspaper while housecleaning, and thoughts on unexpected discoveries.
- Left in the Dust. Sands, Rose // Saturday Evening Post;Oct1983, Vol. 255 Issue 7, p35
Presents an anecdote on housekeeping.
- CLEANING FRENZY. Thompson, Tracy // Working Mother;May2001, p96
Discusses the author's passion for housecleaning. Inspiration derived from the book 'Home Comforts: The Art and Science of Keeping House,' by Cheryl Mendelson; Author's use of housecleaning as therapy in times of stress; How housework provides a counterbalance to the mental labor of researching...
- Mapping out Mom's cleaning strategy. Attoun, Marti // Christian Science Monitor;6/3/99, Vol. 91 Issue 131, p23
Muses on a math strategy for house cleaning. The strategy of the author's mother when out-of-state relatives were coming to visit; The depth of cleaning being proportional to the distance that the folks travel; The cleaning formula passed from one generation to the next.
- Delicacy. // New Yorker;2/22/1964, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p23
The article presents an anecdote about a laundry customer who hates to part with anything that has been in her family for more than a year. One day she found a note attached to a clean but tattered bedsheet just returned from the laundry. The management of the laundry service has notified the...
- There are Worse Things Than House Cleaning. Richardson, Dow // Saturday Evening Post;10/20/1945, Vol. 218 Issue 16, p30
Presents an anecdote about the challenges of house cleaning.
- CLEAN SWEEP. Joyce, Theresa // Indianapolis Monthly;Sep2000, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p72
Deals with chimney cleaning stories in Indianapolis, Indiana. Challenges faced by chimney sweep Dan McKinney; Chimney care tips; Inspection process; Issue of chimney blockage due to birds' nest and dead animals.
- Feedback. // New Scientist;10/20/2007, Vol. 196 Issue 2626, p100
The article presents several items submitted by readers that are witty or humorous. A reader uses an Internet search engine to test the frequency of some of his common typographical errors. A shopper was fazed by a cleaning product's claim that it works forever. An advertisement for a stove that...