CINDY LONG: FINDING HUMOR IN LIFE--AND CROCHET
- THEY'RE LIVE FROM N.Y. AND ELSEWHERE. Astor, Dave // Editor & Publisher;Mar2008, Vol. 141 Issue 3, p56
The article features several journalists and cartoonists who do standup comedy in addition to their syndicated newspaper features. One of them is New Orleans Times-Picayune/Creators Syndicate editorial cartoonist Steve Kelley, who began doing stand-up in 1985. He has appeared on The Tonight Show...
- Glenn Beck's Sad As Hell And He's Not Gonna Take It Anymore. Horowitz, Jason; Greenberg, Jill // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Jul2009, Vol. 79 Issue 7, p42
An interview with Glenn Beck, an American radio and television host of "Fox News," is presented. When asked about how he became and recognized as a stand-up comedian, he replies that it was all started when he worked his show "The Common Sense Tour." He emphasizes the limitations of being the...
- Comedy. Block, Adam // Advocate;1/6/87, Issue 463, p74
Provides information on stand-up comedy shows, that are being performed in the U.S., as of January 6, 1987.
- A laugh on almost every corner. Scott-Norman, Fiona // Bulletin with Newsweek;04/22/97, Vol. 116 Issue 6068, p71
Reviews several shows at the 1997 International Comedy Festival in Australia. `Before the OD's'; `The New Jim Rose Circus'; `An Audience With Dame Sybil'; `Sunrise Boulevard'; `I Can't Stop Borrowing'; `The Wild Party'; Other shows.
- comdey previews. // ScotsGay Magazine;Jun2012, Issue 127, p8
The article previews several comedy shows in Scotland for August 2012 including "Croft and Pearce" to be performed on August 1-27, "Gay Straight Alliance" to be performed on August 19-26 and "Johnny & the Baptists" to be performed on August 2-26.
- Kidding around. // Entertainment Weekly;5/10/96, Issue 326, EW Metro p8
Highlights several stand-up comedy shows held at clubs in various cities in the United States. Dom Irrera at Cobb's Comedy Club in San Francisco, California; Bill Maher at the Punchline club in Atlanta, Georgia; Margaret Cho at Carolines in New York City.
- Kidding around. Hajdu, David; Neumaier, Joe // Entertainment Weekly;09/20/96, Issue 345, following p48
Reports on live stand-up comedy appearances in 1996. Johnny Steele's September appearances in Minneapolis, Minnesota; The Velveeta Underground lineup of comedians in Los Angeles, California; Damon Wayans and his October appearances in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Howls of laughter...or is it angst? Gough, Sue // Bulletin with Newsweek;10/10/95, Vol. 116 Issue 5991, p102
Reviews the one man show `Wrung Out,' featuring Glynn Nicholas.
- Gay comedy tour leaves Wichita laughing. Starika, Matt // Liberty Press;Oct2008, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p39
The article reviews the comedy show "Gay Up Stand Up," featuring Jason Dudey, at the Orpheum Theatre in Wichita, Kansas in 2008.