An Ordinal Co-occurrence Matrix Framework for Texture Retrieval
- The Robustness and Temporal Course of the Story Schema's Influence on Recall. Yussen, Steven; Shih-Tseng Huang; Mathews, Samuel; Evans, Robert // Journal of Experimental Psychology. Learning, Memory & Cognition;Jan1988, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p173
Reports on four psychological experiments in which subjects were asked to remember simple stories they had read. Effect of the robustness and temporal course of the story schema's influence on recall; Postulation in a contemporary �story grammar�; Organization of memory over time.
- Untitled. // New Yorker;3/19/1960, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p149
The article discusses the first novel that was set in Spain and the leading character is the son of an American millionaire who decides to leave his big business for another kind of criminal life.
- 'Sticker than that' in Madison County. Martin, D. G. // Charlotte Post;8/23/2012, Vol. 37 Issue 50, p4A
The author explores the choosing of Madison County as the setting of three of the best North Carolina novels in 2012, which includes "The Cove," by Ron Rash, "A Short Time to Stay Here," by Terry Roberts, and "A Land More Kind than Home," by Wiley Cash.
- The plot's the thing. Hill, Reginald // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Nov95, Vol. 108 Issue 11, p11
Focuses on plotting. Definition; Importance of continuity; Touchtones of plotting.
- Plot, the bones of a story. Conrad, Pam // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Jan96, Vol. 109 Issue 1, p22
Discusses how to develop a plot for a story. Difficulty for the author to make out a plot; Tool learned by the author to aid in plot development; Plot as a story's frame or skeleton; Parts of a plot.
- CHAPTER TEN: HOLLYWOOD CONFRONTS THE NUCLEAR HOLOCAUST. Giglio, Ernest // Here's Looking At You: Hollywood, Film & Politics;2005, p221
Chapter 10 of the book "Here's Looking At You: Hollywood, Film & Politics" is presented. It reflects on the depiction of nuclear holocaust as dramatic film plot in Hollywood films. Scripts having such themes appeal to the audience especially during the post-war era. It also explains the...
- The Pen And the Sword. Morrison, Donald; Gibson, Helen // Time International (South Pacific Edition);6/12/2006, Issue 23, p62
The article focuses on the fictional character Captain Alatriste in the novels of Spanish writer and former journalist Arturo Pérez-Reverte. Alatriste is the protagonist of five novels, the first two of which have been published in English. "Purity of Blood," is the second novel translated into...
- PRODUCTION CHARTS. // Back Stage West;1/12/2006, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p38
The article presents information on upcoming feature films and television programs in the U.S. as of January 2006. The feature films include Beerfest, Employee of the Month, Factory Girl and Fracture. Meanwhile, among the television programs include Friday Night Lights, Gay Robot and Happy Hour....
- Reeves, Col set sail on 'Sinbad' pic. LaPorte, Nicole // Daily Variety;3/10/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 52, p1
Reports on the movie making project of film actor Keanu Reeves. Decision of Reeves to appear in the motion picture "The 8th Voyage of Sinbad," under Colombia Pictures; Direction of the film feature by Rob Cohen; Movie plot; Role of Ray Harry Hausen in the movies special effects.