Organic School Gardens
- Seeds of justice, seeds of hope. Carter, Anne Marie // Yes!;Spring2003, Issue 25, p31
Reports on the advocacy of the author in building organic gardens in the midst of the toxic atmosphere of Watts in Los Angeles, California. Training of youth in agricultural entrepreneurship; Formation of an alliance for environmental protection; Advantages of preserving personal health and the...
- Organic gardening helping to save environment. // East Bernard Express (TX);7/14/2011, Vol. 68 Issue 28, p9
The article discusses the role of organic gardening in saving the environment and offers tips on how to do it.
- Vineyard greens a garden. I. M. // New Orleans Magazine;Jan2011, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p35
The article features the Presqu'ile Winery, which donated 200,000 dollars to the Edible Schoolyard program in New Orleans, Louisana, which uses organic gardening as hands-on teaching tools in supporting classroom learning activities.
- Religion and ecology among China's Blang people. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;9/30/2011, Vol. 21, p814
The article presents the research of Queen's University on how educational programs can address environmental issues in China.
- Cut Flowers. Loven, Zazel // Organic Gardening;Feb/Mar2007, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p43
The article offers advice on making sure that cut flower bouquets bought in the U.S. were not grown under conditions harmful to people and the environment. One advice is to ask for organic flowers from a florist or when ordering online or over the phone. Consumers are advised that highly toxic...
- Organic Gardening Isn't Fun. Meyer, Scott // Organic Gardening;May2008, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p6
The author argues that organic gardening is not just a simple hobby. According to him, planting an organic garden is genuine act faith, meaning the gardener should place his trust in the natural order. Organic gardening also serves as a small but meaningful contribution to protecting the...
- World Environment Day 2012 - Green Economy. // ZOOs' Print;Sep2012, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p18
The article reports on the launch of an awareness programme at Sri. Arbindho Marg Matric Higher Secondary School (H.S.S.) in Madurai, India on June 9, 2012 as part of the World Environment Day celebration.
- Unforgettable lessons in the woods. WOOD, MICHELLE // Farm & Dairy;10/23/2014, Vol. 101 Issue 5, pA17
The article presents the author's view regarding the lessons learn in educational outing, natural competition with kids and sharing of knowledge about environmental conservation.
- HOW GARDENS HELP. Daniels, Steve // Organic Gardening (08973792);Feb90, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p5
Provides insights on the benefits of organic gardening in the improvement and protection of the environment. Availability of the "Organic Gardening" journal for gardening tips; Offer of practical tips on solving environmental problems in the section "Earth Care"; Importance of recycling.