New York Beach Cleanup
- 23rd Annual California Coastal Cleanup Day. // Gay & Lesbian Times;8/2/2007, Issue 1023, p14
The article offers information about the 23rd Annual California Coastal Cleanup Day to be held on September 15, 2007. The event will be hosted by the San Diego Coastkeeper and I Love A Clean San Diego. Participants of the event will get to play a role in keeping the ocean, coastlines and...
- MY OCEAN HOME. LEITE, TIFFANY // Sport Diver;Dec2011, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p32
The article focuses on My Ocean, a new online community of Project AWARE. It says that almost 30,000 divers and leaders who aim to protect the ocean gather in the said community to share their ocean experiences, underwater data, and local activities. It mentions that instructor Sarah Ann Wormald...
- Rationally and economicallly cleaning our seas. Baird, Neil // Ausmarine;May2009, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p5
The author emphasizes the efforts to clean seas by various chapters of the Marine Environment Protection Association (MEPA). He states that the International MEPA (INTERMEPA) already gained recognition from the International Maritime Organization (IMO). He mentions the move by Hellenic MEPA...
- NEW YEAR, NEW PLANET. WARD, ALEXA // Sport Diver;Jan/Feb2016, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p34
The article talks about ocean activist Saeed Balala's participation in Project AWARE's flagship citizen-science program, Dive Against Debris. Conservationist Balala managed to organize 250 dive volunteers to clean 4 miles of Kenyan coastline, remove over 1,500 pounds of trash, and launch a local...
- Itâ€™s time to clean up our giant ocean messes â€¦ but how? Flannery, Jim // Soundings: Real Boats, Real Boaters;Sep2015, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p24
The article focuses on the Mega Expedition project of the Ocean Cleanup, an international grassroots organization led by Dutch visionary Boyan Slat, which was designed to measure the amount and distribution of plastic in the Great Pacific Garbage Patch in August 2015. It is noted that 50 vessels...
- COMPANIES WITH CONSCIENCE. JACKSON, EMILEE // Sport Diver;Oct2014, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p20
The article offers information on companies with conservation efforts. Australian winemaker Banrock Station has partnered with the World Wildlife Fund to help the green sea turtle population. Clothing and accessories company United by Blue is dedicated to cleaning oceans. Baking for Good is an...
- NEW YORK. // WaterMarks;Mar2012, p3
The article offers information on the activities by Starbucks Hamburg Branch, the first official Adopt-a-Beachâ„¢ team in New York.
- Your Donation Helps Adopt-a-Beachâ„¢ Grow. // WaterMarks;Mar2012, p3
The article offers information on the call of the Alliance for the Great Lakes Adopt-a-Beachâ„¢ program to support their goals through volunteers and donations.
- Operation Clean Sweep: A Sweeping Success. Hill, Taylor // Log Newspaper;9/2/2011, Issue 902, p7
The article reports on the success of the Operation Clean Sweep, for the cleaning and hauling of garbage and debris from San Diego Bay, participated by more than 1,200 volunteers in California on August 27, 2011.