- GREEN GURU. Cosier, Susan // Audubon;May/Jun2011, Vol. 113 Issue 3, p20
The presents an answer to a query on how to dispose of used compact fluorescent lamps.
- Change Makers. Mishra, Ambreesh // India Today;2/1/2010, p9
The article discusses the growing use of compact fluorescent lamps (CFL) in Indian small towns. In response to growing environmental awareness concerns, Vidisha Vyapaar Mahasangh (VVM), a trader's guild, sold CFLs at a 35% discount at a two day camp, garnering almost 4 lakh rupees in sales with...
- Solitary Beacon. // Business Today;2/19/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p74
The article deals with the success of the state of Kerala, India in reducing its power consumption by distributing compact flourescent lamps across the state via a three-month campaign that ended in April 2011.
- Battle of the Bulbs. Santisi, Jennifer // E THIS WEEK;3/30/2014, p2
The article presents information on compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs), and how they help in energy conservation and reducing electricity bill. It says that the CFLs are replacing incandescent lamps in the U.S., and the production of incandescent lamps stopped from January 1, 2014, as part of...
- Ultraviolet Radiation Emissions and Illuminance in Different Brands of Compact Fluorescent Lamps. Safari, Shahram; Eshraghi Dehkordy, Sina; Kazemi, Meghdad; Dehghan, Habibollah; Mahaki, Behzad // International Journal of Photoenergy;1/22/2015, Vol. 2015, p1
Introduction. Replacing incandescent lamps with compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs), which are three to six times more efficient, is one of the easiest methods to achieve energy efficiency. The present study aimed to evaluate relationships between UV emissions radiated and illuminance CFLs....
- Broken Bulb Bailout? Power, Matt // Green Builder Magazine;Aug2009, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p35
The article evaluates the ArmorLite CFL bulb from Clear Lite.
- CLEAN UP BROKEN CFL. // Athens News;9/10/2012, p20
The article provides several important steps to consider before starting to clean up broken compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFL).
- EFFECTS OF USING FLUORESCENT AND COMPACT FLUORESCENT LAMPS ON ENVIRONMENT AND HEALTH-A CRITICAL VIEW. IQBAL, ATIF; KHANDAKAR, AMITH; ISLAM, MOHAMMAD SHAFIUL; AHMAD, NASSER BASHEER // Journal on Future Engineering & Technology;May-Jul2015, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p28
Wide spread adoption of Compact Fluorescent Lamps (CFLs) as lighting lamps in residential and industrial sectors are posing challenges to the environment and also carries some health issues and risks. This paper presents a critical overview on related environmental factors and health risks due...
- A look at light bulbs. // Bulletin of the Association of College Unions International;Nov2011, Vol. 79 Issue 6, p11
The article reports on the findings of research that appeared in a 2011 issue of "Wired" which investigated the sustainability of using compact fluorescent lamps and light-emitting diodes.