FOR KIDS ONLY!
- Something to Gobble About. Helsdon, Jeff // Ontario Out of Doors;May2009, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p18
The article offers information on Tammi Falk of St. Thomas, Ontario, who is the first woman to become a regional director of the National Wild Turkey Federation (NWTF) in Canada. She covers most of southern Ontario and is also the provincial co-ordinator of the NWTF's "Women in the Outdoors"...
- Ouachita Gobblers. Hendricks, Bryan // Outdoor Life;Nov99, Vol. 204 Issue 4, p84
Focuses on turkey hunting in the Ouachita Range in Oklahoma. Areas where the top concentrations of turkeys can be found; Cost of hunting for Oklahoma residents and non-residents; Groups which cooperate with the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation in managing turkey hunting areas.
- THE SWEET SOUNDS OF SUCCESS. Moorhouse, Barney // Ontario Out of Doors;Apr2005, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p16
The article informs that the success story of Ontario's wild turkey is clearly in the numbers. Since reintroductions began in 1984, not only has the turkey population soared to an estimated more than 80,000 birds, but turkey hunters are contributing more and more money to the economy. From 2000...
- Memory Bank. // Ontario Out of Doors;May2011, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p20
Several photographs taken during outdoor recreation including fishing trips, hunting whitetails, and turkey hunting are presented.
- SNOWBIRDS. Schuh, Dwight // Bowhunter;Mar/Apr2007, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p54
The article discusses winter turkey hunting.
- End of a Drought. Fischer, Dick // Bowhunter;Mar/Apr2007, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p63
The article discusses the author's experiences turkey hunting.
- Fowl circumstances. GALEA, STEVE // Ontario Out of Doors;May2015, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p66
The article presents the author's experience of outdoor recreation of turkey hunting.
- Use State Money For Habitat. Phillips, John // Hunt Club Digest;Fall2003, p22
If somebody helps his fish and wildlife division to get more money for its programs from his state's government, he not only can have quality deer and turkey hunting but also more productive fishing all across the state. Outdoorsmen need to realize that fish and wildlife in every state means big...
- Florida Osceolas. McNally, Bob // Cabela's Outfitter Journal;Apr2014, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p68
The article presents the author's views on Florida with regards to hunting spots for Osceola turkey. He states that he has been hunting for Osceola turkeys for 40 years and that the number of birds has increased since 2004. He adds that there are numerous hunting areas for turkeys throughout the...