New York State Fly-Fishing Locations
- A Novel High-Content Flow Cytometric Method for Assessing the Viability and Damage of Rat Retinal Ganglion Cells. Zhi-Yang Chang; Da-Wen Lu; Ming-Kung Yeh; Chiao-Hsi Chiang // PLoS ONE;Mar2012, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p1
Purpose: The aim of the study was to develop a high-content flow cytometric method for assessing the viability and damage of small, medium, and large retinal ganglion cells (RGCs) in N-methyl-D-aspartic acid (NMDA)-injury model. Methods/Results: Retinal toxicity was induced in rats by...
- A Synthesis of Tagging Studies Examining the Behaviour and Survival of Anadromous Salmonids in Marine Environments. Matthew Drenner, S.; Clark, Timothy D.; Whitney, Charlotte K.; Martins, Eduardo G.; Cooke, Steven J.; Hinch, Scott G. // PLoS ONE;Mar2012, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p1
This paper synthesizes tagging studies to highlight the current state of knowledge concerning the behaviour and survival of anadromous salmonids in the marine environment. Scientific literature was reviewed to quantify the number and type of studies that have investigated behaviour and survival...
- The Real Deal for Steel. McGary, Bob // Ontario Out of Doors;Apr2009, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p50
The article offers information on trout and salmon eggs that are traditionally used as fishing baits for steelheads. The eggs also known as roes can be used for two-three weeks. Eggs from steelhead, Chinook salmon and brown trout are the predominant choices for Ontario steelheaders. Salmon eggs...
- Lake Superior: A Fisherman's Guide. // Field & Stream;Jul2005, Vol. 110 Issue 3, p73
The article presents information on fishing on the Lake Superior. It is suggested that flyfishing and spinfishing with flies, bait and spinners is deadly while steelhead are in the rivers in spring and late fall. Most tributaries and river mouths, among the most productive in steelhead fishes...
- Salmon & steelhead: Submerged lightning. Merwin, John // Field & Stream;Feb99, Vol. 103 Issue 10, p58
Provides suggestions for catching salmon and steelheads. Records set for the largest salmon and steelhead caught; Suggested locations; Guidebooks available; Best season for fishing; Tackle; Fishing tactics.
- Lani Wailer's Waking. Randolph, John // Fly Fisherman;Sep2007, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p2
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on the DVD set "Lani Waller's Steelhead Legacy," and another on the Eurasian taimen by Robert Behnke.
- We all care about BC steelhead. Yuskavitch, Jim // Osprey Newsletter;2011, Issue 70, p2
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses the many steelhead anglers in the U.S., and the sobering realization that British Colombia's salmon and wild steelhead are under pressures, especially with regards to development and overharvest.
- Steelheaders Discover Tube Flies. Randolph, John // Fly Fisherman;Feb2005, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p6
Presents information about benefits of tube flies recognized by steelbeaders.
- There is Good News, Too. Yuskavitch, Jim // Osprey Newsletter;Jan2013, Issue 74, p2
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the declining populations of wild steelhead and salmon and the cover story of biologist and fish advocate Bill McMillan on the comeback of theses fishes in Wind River.