- Double Your Pleasure. Monahan, Philip // Outdoor Life;Oct99, Vol. 204 Issue 3, p100
Describes how to tie two flies together for fishing. Details on the flyfishing method; How to tie the clinch knot.
- 25 Tips for Tackle. Merwin, John // Field & Stream;May2001 Collector's Guide, Vol. 106 Issue 1, p28
Presents several fishing strategies. Tips on fly tying; Discussion on styles and colors of spinnerbaits; Tricks in luring fish to your bait.
- GODDARD'S 20 TYING TIPS. Goddard, D. L. // Fly Fisherman;Feb2005, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p38
Focuses on manual dexterity and fly-tying techniques skill for fishing.
- Avalon Permit Fly. KLINKEN, HANS VAN // Fly Fisherman;Feb/Mar2011, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p36
The article presents the author's experience on fly fishing in Cuba and offers his views on the Avalon permit Fly developed by Mauro Ginveri and steps to tie the permit.
- No accounting for taste. Boulding, Peter // Public Finance;6/17/94, p32
Reflects on the joys of fishing. Reasons behind people's enjoyment of fishing; Skills needed in fly tying.
- MAKE FLIES, NOT BUGS. J. M. // Field & Stream;Dec2010/Jan2011, Vol. 115 Issue 8, p41
The article offers suggestions related to fly tying in winters such as sealing the materials in plastic bags with few moth flakes to prevent dermestid beetle larvae destroying them.
- Tying WITH CDC. Weilenmann, Hans // Fly Fisherman;Mar2003, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p38
Examines the uses of 'Cul De Canard' (CDC) in fly tying. Description of CDC by Henry Bresson, a French fly tier; History of CDC; Discussion on the benefits of CDC in fly fishing; Types of CDC.
- Coq de LeÃ³n. Busto, Mario Rojo Del // Fly Fisherman;Mar2003, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p62
Focuses on the hackles used for fly tying in fishing. Name of the book for the study of fly tying and fishing published in Spain; Use of two species of cock feathers for fly tying; Explanation of the trends of feather plucking in cocks.
- BUILDING CUSTOM LEADERS. Schweitzer, Steven B. // Fly Fisherman;Feb2004, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p34
Presents tips associated with fly-tying that are useful in fly fishing. INSETS: LEADERCALC;FROG HAIR LEADER TYING KIT.
- Freestone Flies. // Fly Fisherman;Feb2004, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p62
Reports on the expansion of line of bar-dyed rabbit strips used for fly tying by the manufacturer Rob McLean.