- SHARING THE LOAD. Johnson, Rebecca // People Management;8/9/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 16, p40
The article offers information on an outsourcing consortium involving 16 London boroughs that is heralding a new co-operative approach to recruitment in local government in London, England. The Shared Recruitment Service was launched in April 2007. The project breaks new ground not only with its...
- The English contracting revolution. Lavery, Kevin // Public Management (00333611);Aug95, Vol. 77 Issue 8, p20
Discusses the English system of local government contracting which started in 1980. Enactment of Compulsory Competitive Tendering (CCT); Expansion of competitive bidding; Differences between US and British local government contracting; CCT regime and process; English experience on public and...
- COUNTY CONTRACTING: RECONCILING THE ACCOUNTABILITY AND INFORMATION PARADOXES. Cigler, Beverly A. // Public Administration Quarterly;Fall90, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p285
Analyzes the county contracting out and accountability issues in the predominantly rural state of North Carolina. Price of cost savings to local governments from contracting; Content of contracts and the contract monitoring process; Types of information counties require of contractors;...
- Largest Local Outsourcing of Technology Is Now a Done Deal. Perlman, Ellen // Governing;Dec1999, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p47
Reports the outsourcing of technology undertaken by the local government of San Diego County in California in December 1999. Value of the deal; Reason for the move; Description of the county's phone system.
- Cut away noncore HR. Davidson, Linda // Workforce;Jan1998, Vol. 77, p41
Points out the complimentary functions of outsourcing and human relations (HR) departments in American companies. Use of outsourcing as tool for shaving off noncore HR activities; Reasons behind HR outsourcing decisions; Role of HR professionals in guarding the corporate culture; Provision of...
- Externally yours. Pickard, Jane // People Management;07/23/98, Vol. 4 Issue 15, p34
Predicts the increase in the outsourcing of personnel and training in Great Britain. Its implications for human resource professionals; Advantages of outsourcing.
- Outsourcing human resources pays off handsomely for growing firms. Haines, Linda // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;08/04/97, Issue 322181, p12
Focuses on the benefits of outsourcing human resource management activities on the progress of company. Flexibility to respond quickly to market changes and other business demands; Reduced employee turnover; Improved regulatory compliance through outsourcing.
- Farming out your workforce. Prior, Chris // Treasury & Risk Management;Mar2000, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p16
Presents United States business executives' comments on and practice of outsourcing treasury functions. Use of outsiders to assist in foreign exchange management; Acceleration of outsourcing; Cost-cutting measure.
- Contracting for Cooperative Personnel Services. Timmins, William M. // Public Personnel Management;1980, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p196
Comments on the contracting for cooperative personnel services. Nature of interjurisdictional contracting (IC); Classification of IC into formal and informal contracting; Survey on respondents on contracting personnel services.