NEW LAWS AT A GLANCE
- From the Editor. Rudin, Joel // Journal of Workplace Rights;2009, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p1
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Doris Chang on guest worker programs by Taiwan and the U.S., one by Diana Sharpe and Raza Mir on workplace politics and delegation of powers in multinational corporations, and one by Gregor Gall on victimization...
- Preventing Sexual Harassment Complaints Based on Hostile Work Environments. Lewis, Kathryn E.; Johnson, Pamela R. // SAM Advanced Management Journal (07497075);Spring91, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p21
Discusses ways to prevent sexual harassment complaints based on hostile work environments in the United States. Provisions under the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission on sexual harassment; Statistics on harassment cases; Costs of sexual harassment.
- Courtroom round-up. Aikin, Olga // People Management;4/20/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 8, p47
Provides information on various court cases regarding personnel and business management in Great Britain. Kelman versus Care Contract; Staffordshire County Council versus Black; Hamilton District Council versus Howie.
- Improving the provisions for those who blow the whistle. Williams, Audrey // People Management;08/24/95, Vol. 1 Issue 17, p41
Analyzes the move of the British government in protecting people who expose workplace malpractice. Introduction of health and safety protection in the Trade Union Reform and Employment Rights Act 1993; Sex Discrimination and Race Relations Acts.
- Workplace violence: Gaining ground on `going postal'? // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Dec98, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p9
Reports on the growing incidence of workplace violence in the United States. Estimates on the number of workers victimized in the workplace; Common causes of deaths on the job; Cost of workplace violence to industries; Workplace violence involving postal workers; Policies and programs initiated...
- First Hawaii, then Seattle. Tharp, Mike // U.S. News & World Report;11/15/99, Vol. 127 Issue 19, p36
Mentions incidences of workplace violence in the United States. Shootings in Honolulu, Hawaii, Seattle, Washington, and Atlanta, Georgia by allegedly disguntled workers; Why their is a decline in workplace homicide according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Such goings-on! Poe, Randall; Courter, Carol Lee // Across the Board;Jun98, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p5
Reports on the findings of a study on company ethics conducted by Walker Information. Percentage of employees who admit that ethical violations have been committed in their firms; Major offense reported.
- ACT MAY LEAD TO ORGANISATIONAL MAKEOVERS. Leckie, David; Tynan, Roger // People Management;4/3/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p19
In this article, the authors offer ideas to employers for complying with the Corporate Manslaughter and Corporate Homicide Act of 2007 in Great Britain. According to the authors, employers could have to amend contracts and reporting lines to protect against prosecutions under the law. They...
- SEXUAL HARASSMENT IN THE WORKPLACE AND CONCILIATED OUTCOMES: WHO REALLY BENEFITS? Chase, Teresa; Brewer, Melissa // Labour & Industry;Aug2009, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p3
This paper examines the role of conciliation in resolving complaints of sexual harassment in the workplace. It analyses the experience of a small group of women who lodged complaints of sexual harassment and were assisted through a conciliation process by the Queensland Working Women's Service...