Ain't no MOUNTAIN high enough
- Untitled. Baker, Kat // Personnel Today;7/7/2009, p14
The article reports that human resources (HR) managers are eager to take measures to stop talented staff leaving as soon as the economic crises recedes, and to tackle the problem of superfluous employees in the office. Neil Roden, group HR director at Royal Bank of Scotland, has admitted that...
- Get engaged to beat the competition. // People Management;2/24/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p10
The article discusses the findings of a study conducted by Royal Bank of Scotland Group (RBS) on employee relations. The research found that satisfaction with pay and reward, a sense of pride in the organization and role empowerment were vital to employee engagement. These factors led to higher...
- Winding down retail, commercial operations. // Business & Economy;Jun2013, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p22
The article reports that Royal Bank of Scotland PLC announced that closing of its 23 branches in India as part of its strategic decision to consolidate its commercial and retail banking business.
- RBS brings in top HR management gurus. // Personnel Today;12/1/2009, p2
The article reports that Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) has hired two management experts to help its HR team through the restructuring in the bank.
- RBS: A Leaner, Meaner Corporate Banking Machine? Hawser, Anita // Global Finance;Apr2015, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p62
The article reports that state-owned lender Royal Bank Scotland (RBS) has reduced its corporate and institutional banking business as part of the company's strategy to have a better capital position.
- Motivating through Total Reward. // Times 100 Case Studies;2014, p1
The article presents a case study of performance and roles management at financial service company Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS). It discusses the use of specific job targets as a method of performance management which permits managers to measure each performance of an individual and accordingly...
- Working to get the best out of your employees. Gray, Andi // Fairfield County Business Journal;10/27/2008, Vol. 47 Issue 43, p9
The article discusses the approaches to bring out the best of the employees. The author presented the various types of employees, including the employee who can be counted on, one who can be trusted and one who blames others. She noted that it is best to encourage people to come forward with...
- Sources of HR Department Power: Scale Development and Validation. HYE SOOK CHUNG; SUNG-CHOON KANG // Seoul Journal of Business;Dec2013, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p96
HR department power plays a significant role in increasing organizational performance by influencing how intended HR strategies and practices are actually embraced and utilized by organizational members. Referring to French and Raven's (1959) taxonomy, we present four bases (sanction, expert,...
- Dealing with mavericks. RANJEKAR, DILEEP // Human Capital;Dec2013, p12
The article discusses how mavericks must be handled in the organization. They are considered the conscience keepers of the organization and have the assertiveness to exert pressure on the organization. Also, they do not believe in the notion of working for an organization or a management instead...