Orange determined to be a lovable brand
- Suppliers prepare for Indian cellular contracts. Long, Geoff // Telecom Asia;Jan96, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p15
Presents an analysis of the cellular telephone equipment industry in India. Deregulation of the market; International companies involved as including Nokia, Ericsson and Alcatel; Expansion of local companies in light of the deregulation.
- Plans to build cellular towers irk some, make others rich. Rozen, Laura Kay // Christian Science Monitor;7/22/97, Vol. 89 Issue 165, p3
Reports on the controversy over cellular phone transmission towers. Concerns about what the towers will do to skylines and property values; The willingness of cellular phone companies to work with the surrounding environment; Examples of compromises between towns and the companies; Interesting...
- Essential luxuries. // Time International (South Pacific Edition);3/17/97, Issue 11, pTD8
Looks at four pocket-sized cellular telephones. Nokia's 2160 and 9000 models; Ericsson's AF738; AT&T's PocketNet; Features; Prices.
- What is the longest-lived battery I can get for a cell phone? Lowenstein, Mark // Time International (South Pacific Edition);3/17/97, Issue 11, pTD18
States that a four hour lithium-ion battery is the longest-lasting battery one can get for a cellular phone, as of March 1997.
- Cellular. // Communications News;Aug96, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p60
Features Uplink, a powered amplifier that boosts cellular phone's transmit signal and prevents dropped connections.
- Mobile phone annunciator. Jeno, Curt // Popular Electronics;Dec97, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p49
Provides information on how to build a Mobile Phone Annunciator, a device designed to eliminate the problem of loud noise in mobile telephone; Circuit description; Construction of circuit board; Parts list for the mobile phone annunciator.
- Pedestrian-friendly cell phones are 'ere. Regan, Tom // Christian Science Monitor;6/18/98, Vol. 90 Issue 142, pB5
Describes the JABRA Earset. The unidirectional microphone and speaker; How it fits snugly in the ear; How it connects to the cellular phone through a wire; Performance of the earpiece; Price; Privacy questions.
- Wireless PCMCIA communication. Gerholt, Ben // Australian Personal Computer;Apr95, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p34
Features Nokia Cellular Data Card and Motorola Personal Messenger 100D. Modem and fax capabilities; Applications and uses; Design; Device options.
- Talk isn't cheap. Geraci, Ron // Men's Health;May98, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p76
Presents equipments for cellular phone protection. Body Glove CellSuit, a stretchable neoprene case; AquaPac water proof plastic pouches; Price of the products.