Sexes' pay gap is 'unacceptable.'
- Comparable-worth adjustments: Yes. Galloway, Sue // American Libraries;Feb85, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p92
Comments on the discrimination against women employees in the United States. Valuation of predominantly female jobs; Historical roots of the disparity between male and female wages; Arguments for and against equal pay.
- Assigning temporary additional duties? Beware salary creep that could violate EPA. // HR Specialist: California Employment Law;Nov2013, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p3
The article examines the Equal Pay Act (EPA) which gives awareness and protection against discrimination on the workplace wherein women who do extra work are paid less than men.
- Equal pay key in battle to attract the top talent. Doke, DeeDee // Personnel Today;11/26/2002, p8
Reports on the increasing importance of employers' ability to offer equal pay for women. Obstacles to gender equality in the workplace; Reasons behind continued gap between the two sexes in the business.
- Assembly raps Ken's city tower plan. // Building Design;2/8/2002, Issue 1519, p1
Provides information on the criticisms of the Greater London Assembly on the plan of Mayor Ken Livingstone to establish skyscrapers in key London boroughs. Report issued by the assembly; Comments on the report; Groups involved in the issue.
- Identifying and Addressing Gender Issues in Doing Business. Hampel-Milagrosa, Aim�e // European Journal of Development Research;Jul2010, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p349
Doing Business, the World Bank's annual flagship publication, claims that payoffs for women from regulatory reform are large despite a lack of explicit focus on social factors affecting the economic participation of women. Taking off from our previous findings that discrimination hindering...
- Career patterns: more grist for women's liberation. Williams, Martha; Ho, Liz; Fielder, Lucy // Social Work;Jul74, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p463
The article investigates the discrimination that women have to face in social work profession. Women in the social work profession, as in other fields, receive lower salaries than their male counterparts. A study comparing career characteristics of male and female graduates of a school of social...
- A Neglected Consideration in Sex Based Wage Discrimination Cases. Jennings, Ken; Willits, Robert L. // Labor Law Journal;Jul86, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p412
This article examines related court cases under the Equal Pay Act in the U.S. in 1986. The evolution towards equal pay for women in this country has come about due in part to two world wars and the resultant shortage of male workers on the home front. The extensive entry of women into the labor...
- Date set for Asda equal pay hearing. Calnan, Marianne // Employee Benefits;12/18/2014, p1
The article reports on allegations by female staff at Asda Stores Ltd. that are still being paid less than men for comparable jobs although equal pay was introduced 40 years ago. It is mentioned that they may be entitled to six years' back pay to compensate for the difference in earnings if the...
- Time for review. // Employers Law;Mar2004, p6
Presents information about the equal pay reviews recommended to companies by the Equal Opportunities Commission in Great Britain. Implications of the equal pay reviews on companies in the country; Factors which contributed to the emergence of gender pay gap in companies; Views of company...