- Comment period on Xanadu park extended. Burd, Joshua // njbiz;1/9/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p2
The article reports on the extension of the public comment period on the environmental impact of the American Dream Meadowlands project in East Rutherford, New Jersey, from December 19, 2011 to January 18, 2012.
- Analysis of the business environment. Segev, Eli // Management Review;Aug79, Vol. 68 Issue 8, p58
Provides an overview on the analysis of the business environment, a study of the diverse forces in the environment, the relationships among them over time and their effects on the organization. Use of environmental analysis in strategy making; Conduct of environmental analysis; Recommended...
- ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT. Hans, Joel // Industrial Maintenance & Plant Operation;Jul2012, Vol. 73 Issue 6, p8
The article offers information about Wausau, Wisconsin-based Linetec, an architectural finishing company. The company was founded in 1983 and has consistently moved toward reducing its environmental impact through dozens of projects. One of Linetec's most recent environmental investments is its...
- Crowded Houses. Dey, Bob // Metro (NZ);Jun2003, Issue 264, p104
In Auckland city, New Zealand two coincidental issues are using up of business-zoned land for residential purposes and the conflict between the residents of traditional villas and apartment buildings. The author feels that common public is generally not interested in district plans and zone...
- Innovate for success. Baker, John // ICIS Chemical Business;4/19/2010, Vol. 277 Issue 14, p16
The article focuses on innovation which is an essential driver of growth and profitability in the chemical sector in the U.S. It mentions that business enterprises are searching ways to innovate business practices such as reducing the environmental impact, corporate social responsibility (CSR),...
- Mutually beneficial portfolios. Beckley, Elizabeth Thompson // Waste News;5/26/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p10
This article reports that when managing their environmental impact, U.S. based companies usually first consider government compliance and cost savings. Over the last 30 years, as more individual and institutional investors have sought to integrate their values into their portfolios, a...
- BATTLE OF BORNEO. // Truck & Driver;Jan2002, p56
Reports the logging industry in Borneo. Exploitations over the vast forested areas; Desire of European enterprises to invest in the logging market of Borneo; Business performance of International Timber Corporation of Indonesia.
- Environment and Sustainable Development - Health Related Issues. Jain, Mitushi // Journal of Social Welfare & Management;Jan-Mar2015, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p5
Sustainable development is an organizing principle for human life on a finite planet. It posits a desirable future state for human societies in which living conditions and resource-use meet human needs without undermining the sustainability of natural systems and the environment, so that future...
- Figure put on environmental damage. Taylor, Mike // Money Management;10/14/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 38, p11
The article reports on the results of the research conducted by the United Nations Principles for Responsible Investment that reveal that the world's top 3,000 companies were responsible for the environmental damages in 2008 worth 2.15 trillion dollars.