Gap-year scheme helps Deloitte attract talent
- Deloitte launches new scholarship. // Personnel Today;9/28/2004, p8
This article reports that Deloitte, the professional services firm, has renewed its recruitment drive and launched a new scholarship scheme to cope with the growing demand for graduates as markets improve. Deloitte graduate recruitment partner Sarah Shillingford said that it is definitely a war...
- Job prospects better than graduates think, says Deloitte. // Personnel Today;6/23/2009, p27
The article offers information on job prospects for graduates in Great Britain. Business advisory firm Deloitte is saying that misplaced concerns about the shrinking graduate job market is creating application apathy, damaging graduates' confidence in finding work. The firm says that graduates...
- Passionate hires. // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/18/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 36, p12
Reports on the plans of Indiana University to hire interested applicants for the position of an outgoing president and athletic director. Qualifications for the position; Replacement of Myles Brand and Michael McNeely; Tasks of the selected applicants.
- Raising highbrows. Glover, Carol // People Management;6/28/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 13, p34
Focuses on the funding plan of the British government for resolving recruitment crisis. Involvement of universities and colleges in the funding plan; Goal of the government; Concerns on the recruitment packages experimented by universities. INSET: How UEA is smartening up its act.
- Top grades vs. leadership skills. PASTERNAK, EDITOR, CEEL // HR Magazine;Oct94, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p26
Reports on the results of a survey on campus recruiting practices at major corporations. Factors determining both hiring decisions and salary level; Survey by Hanigan Consulting Group.
- top 200. // New Zealand Management;Feb2008, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p14
Several photographs taken during the Deloitte/Management Top 200 Awards presentation are presented.
- Student Film. // Back Stage;12/05/97, Vol. 38 Issue 49, p34
Provides information on job opportunities for actors and actresses posted by colleges and universities in New York City, New York for their films. Requirements; Audition dates; Contact number and person.
- Time Out: The Gap Year Abroad. Hulstrand, Janet // International Educator (1059-4221);Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p50
The article focuses on the importance of gap year for students to be able to determine their individual interests and clarify the courses to take in colleges and universities in the U.S. The gap year has been viewed as an opportunity for students to mature and to choose the right path. Findings...
- TAKING A GAP YEAR. Ahlgren, Ingrid // Foreign Service Journal;Jun2006, Vol. 83 Issue 6, p62
The article focuses on taking a gap year for students before, or during college. It is a common practice for individuals who want to take a break, plan and decide for the future. Others are taking time off to spent with their parents and loved ones and to explore other foreign places. Several...