B&Q aims to put women in positions of power
- IN BRIEF. // People Management;
Presents updates on the labor market in Great Britain as of January 11, 2001. Findings of the survey entitled `Working Time Regulations: Have They Made a Difference?'; Impact of flexitime to the work performance of senior managers; Details on the national recruitment initiative of B&Q.
- Untitled. Peacock, Louisa // Personnel Today;7/7/2009, p10
The article offers news briefs related to personnel management in Great Britain. B&Q PLC, has introduced a new monthly bonus scheme to help motivate its 30,000 workers. British Gas Energy is set to create 2,600 new positions by 2012 despite the economic decline. The Association of Police...
- guru. // Personnel Today;1/9/2007, p56
The article comments on recent developments related to personnel management in Great Britain. The hiring policy of B&Q PLC, according to which potential employees are asked to dance to the songs of singer Michael Jackson over pre-interview tea is disgusting. It is inappropriate that anyone be...
- B&Q is taking online route for recruitment. // Personnel Today;8/6/2002, p1
Reports the online recruitment for store managers by the company B&Q PLC in Great Britain. Use of Internet for recruitment; Benefit of the recruitment tool to the company; Removal of the risk of discrimination.
- Streamlining the hiring process. Weekes, Sue // Personnel Today;4/9/2002, p13
Reports the recruitment process of B&Q store. Increase in number of employees; Role of the Recruitment Response Center in shop floor staffing; Use of Internet in job applications.
- You can do it... Davidson, Elizabeth // People Management;2/20/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p42
Focuses on the effectiveness of online recruitment using psychometrics. Details on the use of online psychometric testing by the company B&Q; Description of psychometrics; Cost benefits of the psychometric test.
- Employee Self-Management Without Formally Designated Teams: An Alternative Road to Empowerment. Shipper, Frank; Manz, Charles C. // Organizational Dynamics;Winter92, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p48
This article examines the use of employee self-management and empowerment in the American industry. The idea behind employee self-management, is for workers to become, to a large degree, their own managers. In attempting to use their human resources more fully, many organizations have moved...
- Creating psychological and legal contracts through human resource practices: A signaling theory perspective. Suazo, Mark M.; Mart�nez, Patricia G.; Sandoval, Rudy // Human Resource Management Review;Jun2009, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p154
Abstract: Despite the surge in research on the psychological contract over the past two decades, there has been little integrative research that has examined psychological contracts in conjunction with legal contracts. We address this shortcoming by presenting a framework for understanding the...
- Opportunity in A Soft Labor Market. Vollmer, Diana // American Drycleaner (Crain Communications Inc. (MI));Oct2008, Vol. 75 Issue 7, p26
The article discusses the issues concerning personnel management. It includes personnel selection and the process in finding the best employee to fill any position in a company. It suggests to obtain a large pool of applications and the use of paper-and-pencil tests which can help identify...