NEWS IN BRIEF
- HR unites the world of Coca-Cola. Anfuso, Dawn // Personnel Journal;Nov94, Vol. 73 Issue 11, p112
Discusses Coca-Cola Co.'s management of its human resources. Decentralization; Reputation as a multi-local company; Philosophy; Global human resources practice; Implementation of support systems.
- Coca-Cola's staffing philosophy supports its global strategy. DA // Personnel Journal;Nov94, Vol. 73 Issue 11, p116
Discusses Coca-Cola Co.'s staffing philosophy. Employment of various nationals worldwide; View as a multi-local company; Global strategy of the company; Importance of expatriates; Global service program of the company. INSET: The philosophy behind Coca-Cola's international service..
- Teams facilitate change at turbulent plant. Phillips, Sandra // Personnel Journal;Oct94, Vol. 73 Issue 10, p110
Features Coca-Cola USA's Maryland-based Baltimore Syrup Operations' management-employee team structure. Establishment of objectives; Obtaining of management buy-in; Selection of employees to lead the design process; Laying of foundation by the steering team; Role of research in clarifying...
- Make every drop count! Bluen, Steve // Finweek;7/19/2007, p52
The article features alcoholic beverage companies Coca-Cola Co. and SAB Ltd. They rank as top employers choice among science, engineering and commerce professionals in the 2006 Magnet Communications Young Professional survey in South Africa. Coca-Cola is the largest manufacturer, distributor and...
- Follow-Up on Monitored Stocks. // Dow Theory Forecasts;9/20/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 38, p6
Reports on issues related to monitored stocks of different companies in the U.S. as of September 2004. Impact of the weak sales and volumes on the financial guidance of Coca-Cola Co. for the second half of the fiscal year; Indications that PepsiCo Inc. may be outperforming its rival Coke with...
- Coca-Cola: carbonated and frustrated. // MarketWatch: Drinks;February 2005, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p14
Reports that beverage company Coca-Cola Bottling Co. is revamping its operations in North America through a number of managerial and operational alterations. Reason behind the internal changes in the North American operations of the company; Relevance of the launch of C2, a reduced calorie...
- MONEY VS. MEANING. Koury, Fred // Smart Business Detroit;Nov2011, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p4
The article offers advices on establishing business built and centered for customers. The author thinks that having a common vision, rewarding people, and celebrating victories towards the achievement of goals can be part of building businesses beyond than purpose. The author takes the example...
- Making a Major Difference. // HR Magazine;Nov2007, Vol. 52 Issue 11, p45
The article announces the recipients of the 2007 Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Human Capital Leadership Awards which include Mark Fogel, Liverpool, and Coca-Cola Co.
- Refreshing a Beverage Company's Culture. Fox, Adrienne // HR Magazine;Nov2007, Vol. 52 Issue 11, p58
The article discusses the results of an employee engagement survey conducted by Coca-Cola Co. The Society for Human Resource (HR) Management bestowed Coca-Cola with the 2007 Strategic HR Leadership Award, which is given to the HR department that played a key role in driving the performance and...