GOING FOR THE GOLDMAN
- Unsustainable agriculture. Johnson, Terry // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;7/11/94, Vol. 21 Issue 30, p19
Discusses recent findings of the Winnipeg-based International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD). Thoughts about Canada's supply managed dairy, egg and poultry producers; The Western Grain Transportation Act (WGTA).
- Communication specialists for sustainable agriculture Logsdon, Gene // In Business;Mar/Apr1992, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p38
No abstract available.
- It's a dilemma. Hoag, Dana L.; Pasour, E.C. // Choices: The Magazine of Food, Farm & Resource Issues;1992 1st Quarter, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p32
Discusses questions about sustainable agriculture that will arise as the Extension Service designs and implements the national training program. Other names for sustainable agriculture; Differences between sustainable and traditional agriculture; Several reasons why Extension Service exert its...
- Defining Sustainable Agriculture. Friend, Joe A. // Social Alternatives;Oct90, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p8
Examines various issues in sustainable agriculture. Time-frames for sustaining farm systems; Land capability; Maintenance of soil fertility; Agricultural alternatives.
- Practical Suggestions for Sustainable Agriculture. Shields, Jim // Social Alternatives;Oct90, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p13
Presents practical suggestions for sustainable agriculture. Natural ecosystems; Ecological farming systems; Strategies for use in sustainable farming; Conversion to sustainable farming.
- Symptoms and Consequences of Non-Sustainable Production. Watson, Chris L. // Social Alternatives;Oct90, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p43
Reports on the consequences of non-sustainable agricultural practices. Ecosystem decline; Degradation of land; Alienation from the land; Climatic changes.
- Towards sustainable agriculture. Maier, Leo; Steenblik, Ronald // OECD Observer;Oct/Nov95, Issue 196, p36
Discusses efforts in Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) countries which are geared toward the attainment of sustainable agriculture. Reform of agricultural policy; Diversity of national programs to promote sustainable agriculture; Governments' reexamination of their...
- Sustainable agriculture: organically. // Issues;Mar98, Issue 42, p56
Focuses on organic agriculture. Definition; Techniques used by farmers; Categories of certification for organic produce; Requirements of the National Association for Sustainable Agriculture, Australia (NASAA) on farmers.
- While the billy boils. Smith, Dick // Australian Geographic;Jul-Sep95, Issue 39, p6
Emphasizes on the need to combine profitability with conservation and describes the author's plans for farming at his farmhouse in south-eastern New South Wales, Australia, by employing environmentally sustainable farm practices. Plans for the transformation of landscape of the farm.