- Embrace the Internet for increased publicity. Fellows, Simon // Cabinet Maker;1/18/2008, Issue 5571, p100
The article focuses on the significance of online marketing in furniture industry. Retailers are suggested to register a good domain name through a decent Internet service provider (ISP). The content of the Web site should include the interests of the customers. It should be brief, to the point...
- Secure your domain name with a trademark. // Fairfield County Business Journal;05/01/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 18, p22
Reports on the use of trademarks to protect Internet domain names registered in the United States. Number of trademarks for domain names filed in 1998; Proposals to handle trademark disputes over domain names; Other ways to protect domain names.
- Preempting cyberhate. Mechanic, Michael // Mother Jones;Sep/Oct99, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p18
Focuses on the registration of offensive domain names on the Internet in the United States. Jack Leaney's building of a site for gay men; Sue Beckwith's Dyke.com site.
- Correction. // Printed Circuit Design & Manufacture;Aug2004, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p4
Presents a correction on the Internet domain name of Taconic that was previously published in the July 2004 issue of the "Printed Circuit Design & Manufacture."
- Dot-Lib for Libraries--Can It Happen? Ask ICANN. Koehler, Wallace // Searcher;Apr2001, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p66
Focuses on the proposed .lib designation, a generic Top Level Domain, that meet the standards of libraries. Complexity in having the designation; Suggestion for a successful management of the .lib designation.
- INTERNET. // International Law Update;Feb2001, Vol. 7, p22
Reports on two German courts' opinions that acquisition of Internet domains using names of unrelated companies is improper since profit is the sole motive. Decisions of the State Supreme Court in Frankfurt/Main and the District Court Wiesbaden.
- Domain Registry for Sale. // Association Management;Jun2002, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p10
Announces the auction for the sale of .org Internet registry.
- Internationalized domain names. Wielansky, Marc D. // Journal of Adolescent & Adult Literacy;Dec2001/Jan2002, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p302
Discusses the expansion of the domain naming system to accommodate additional scripts that would significantly improve access for those literate in Chinese, Arabic and other languages. Multilingual access to the Internet; Discussion on the domain naming system; Implementation of an...
- Net authority may need outside supervision. Rodger, Will // Inter@ctive Week;12/01/97, Vol. 4 Issue 42, p19
Presents information on the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA). Details on the operations done at IANA; Comments from Jon Postel, a computer scientist at the University of Southern California.