TJ Hughes expansion
- TJ Hughes distribution centre closes, making 116 redundant. // Cabinet Maker;7/29/2011, Issue 5748, p9
The article reports on the decision of Administrators to close TJ Hughes' main warehousing and distribution centre in Great Britain that resulted to 116 staff redundant.
- TJ's jumps 44%. // Housewares;Jan/Feb99, Issue 144, p10
Discloses that discount department store TJ Hughes posted revenue growth during the 1998 Christmas season. Total sales for all stores for the first five weeks of January 1999.
- 'Smart shoppers' results in turnover rise for TJ Hughes. // Cabinet Maker;10/9/2009, Issue 5658, p5
The article reports on the impact of smart shoppers on various department stores in Great Britain. It cites the discount department store retailers TJ Hughes which has announced an increase of 9.1% in turnover for the year ending July 31, 2009 due to an increase of smart shoppers in the country....
- Last TJ Hughes stores to close. // Cabinet Maker;9/2/2011, Issue 5753, p9
The article reports on the closure of the last remaining stores of TJ Hughes on August 31, 2011 in several cities in England including Bradford, Sunderland and Wrexham.
- Hughes opens more stores. // Housewares;Jan/Feb98, Issue 138, p6
Announces the opening of additional stores by the discount department store group TJ Hughes. Sites of the stores to be opened; Increase in the sales of the stores.
- TJ Hughes to add 10 stores. // Housewares;Feb2001, Issue 156, p55
Reports that Great Britain-based discount department store company TJ Hughes plans to expand its network of stores as of February 2001.
- Retailer reopens flagship store. // Cabinet Maker;10/5/2012, Issue 5807, p14
The article discusses the reopening of the online store by the company TJ Hughes in Middlesbrough, England at the end of September 2012.
- TJ's First-half Sales up 30%. Anghelides, Bernard // Housewares;Nov/Dec98, Issue 143, p7
Focuses on the improvement in the sales of Liverpool, England-based discount department store T.J. Hughes for the first six months of 1998. Increase in sales to 29.7 percent; Factors influencing the increase in sales.
- Lewis's buys more TJ Hughes stores. // Cabinet Maker;8/19/2011, Issue 5751, p9
The article reports on the acquisition of two more TJ Hughes furniture stores by furniture and homeware company Lewis's Home Retail Ltd. in 2011 in Great Britain.