Why multicasting makes cents
- Commodifying Usenet and the Usenet Archive or Continuing the Online Cooperative Usenet Culture? Hauben, Ronda // Science Studies;Jun2002, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p61
Explores the conflict between the cooperative online culture of Internet users who have created Usenet and the corporate commodification of Usenet posts by companies archiving the posts. Information on Usenet computer network; Discussion on the privatization and commercialization of the U.S....
- OEN delivers Houston customized content. Fuller, Megan // Lightwave;Dec2005, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p25
This article focuses on the announcement of the company Optical Entertainment Networks that it would begin delivering IP-based triple play services via optical fiber to 1.6 million homes in the Houston, Texas. OEN's entertainment service "Fision," is designed to leverage the full capabilities of...
- MAC based Multicast Source Authentication: A Survey. Kaur, Ramanpreet; Sangal, Amrit Lal; Kumar, Krishan // International Journal of Computer Applications;Jan2012, Vol. 37, p42
Due to increased use of internet for novel types of group communication and bandwidth constraints an urgent need of simultaneous transmission of digital data arises. The applications of multicasting involve TV over internet, video-conferencing, news feeds, stock quotes, online video games and...
- Heuristic Rules based P2P Multicasting Network. Min Liu // International Journal of Advancements in Computing Technology;Nov2012, Vol. 4 Issue 21, p59
P2P is an Internet application, which allows communication with each other between Internet users. Files can be accessed directly and downloaded from peer. In this work we focus on a new problem of P2P multicasting network design. The problem consists in joint optimization of multicast flows and...
- Way-Point Multicast Routing Framework for improving QoS in hybrid wireless mesh networks. Narayana Rao, A.; Subba Rao, Ch. // Wireless Networks (10220038);Nov2016, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p2681
Since internet access is used by billions of people worldwide and the number of internet user is also increasing every day, a new technology called as wireless mesh network (WMN) is becoming popular. This is because it has some desirable characteristic, but it has some limitation for multi-hop...
- Pornography in Usenet: A Study of 9,800 Randomly Selected Images. Mehta, Michael D. // CyberPsychology & Behavior;Dec2001, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p695
This paper builds on an earlier study by Mehta and Plaza, from 1997, by analyzing 9,800 randomly selected images taken from 32 Usenet newsgroups between July 1995 and July 1996. The study concludes that an increasing percentage of pornographic images in Usenet come from commercially oriented...
- The information edge. Heim, J. // PC World;Apr91, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p215
Describes Usenet, a global information network that features free speech and unimpeded information flow. Public conferences; Primary focus; International E-mail network; Prices. INSET: Don't compress compressed files, by J.H.;Hunting for investments.
- Surveyors newsgroup established on Internet. // Point of Beginning;Aug/Sep/95, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p94
Reports on the creation of a Usenet discussion group on the Internet for the discussion of scientific and professional issues relating to earth measurement in all its forms.
- New Usenet cans spam. Barrett, Randy // Inter@ctive Week;08/11/97, Vol. 4 Issue 27, p1
Presents information on the protection of Usenets from unsolicited postings. Efforts of a small group of key Usenet systems administrators to create an alternative newsgroup feed, called net.*; Information on the net.*.