Are satellites a good bet?
- SES Uses MIPTV in Cannes to Drive Ultra HD Forward. // Mobile Internet (Information Gatekeepers);May2013, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p14
The article announces the launch of the SES Ultra High-Definition (HD) Experience by satellite provider SES at MIPTV in a bid to gain support from content providers and broadcasters in the development of Ultra HD value chain.
- Running on empty. Fox, Barry // New Scientist;11/14/98, Vol. 160 Issue 2160, p56
Focuses on the need for the Russian government to resist the temptation to plunder profits and squander them on the wages of state employees and payment of debts for the survival of the country's satellite business. Commercial ventures on the verge of collapse; Scenarios depicting waste of...
- Broadband Services, AsiaSat Stake Position SES as Global Player. Taverna, Michael A.; Dorminey, Bruce // Aviation Week & Space Technology;1/4/1999, Vol. 150 Issue 1, p28
Focuses on the expansion plan of Societe Europeenne des Satellites (SES) company on global operation of geostationary telecommunications and broadcasting satellites. Details on the expansion plan; Views on the SES-AsiaSat deal; Comment from AsiaSat officials.
- SES's QuetzSat-1 now operational. // Wireless Satellite & Broadcasting;Nov2011, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p8
The article presents information on an announcement made by SES SA on the readiness of its satellite QuetzSat-1.
- SES Introduces SAT-IP Satellite Reception Technology. // Wireless Satellite & Broadcasting;Jun2012, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p8
The article evaluates the SAT-IP satellite reception technology from SES SA.
- LuxGovSat orders Orbital mixed-use communications satellite. // Wireless Satellite & Broadcasting;Feb2015, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p2
The article informs that the joint venture between the satellite services provider SES SA and the Luxembourg government LuxGovSat has ordered the SES-16/GovSat mixed-use communications satellite from Orbital ATK Inc., that will be launched in the second quarter of 2017.
- Satellite loss not likely to delay DBS service. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;2/19/96, Vol. 126 Issue 8, p10
Reports on the plan of PanAmSat Corp. to make its debut in May 1996 despite the loss of the first satellite that was to deliver the service. Comments from the Luli Saralegui, executive vice president of the company; Plan to launch the service on Intelsat 707; Trouble experienced by the China...
- Second time is the charm. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;01/31/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 5, p45
Reports on PanAmSat Corp.'s successful launch of its Galaxy XR satellite in January 2000, to replace the satellite it lost in a launch failure in August 1998. Television networks that will be transmitted by the satellite; Plans for more satellite launches.
- PanAmSat to expand satellite services in Latin America. // Fairfield County Business Journal;04/12/99, Vol. 38 Issue 15, p9
Announces PanAmSat Corp.'s designation of its international satellite, PAS-9, to expand its audio, video and telecommunications services in Latin America. Satellite location and description; Impact of the satellite on services offered.