Crossing the digital divide
- Brittany spears new network. // Voice+;Apr2000, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p12
Reports on Brittany, France's setting up of the Brittany Regional Broadband Network to provide high-speed Internet access and voice, video and data services in the area. Benefits expected from the regional network; France Telecom's involvement in the project.
- Tucson up to speed on broadband rollout. Schliesman, Kyle // Inside Tucson Business;01/01/2001, Vol. 10 Issue 41, p9
Reports on the efforts of the local government of Tucson, Arizona in facilitating the rollout of broadband communication systems. Local industry experts' optimism that the city is ready and on the right track for a thriving telecommunications future; Examples of local communities that need to...
- Broadband As James Dean. Bartholomew, Doug // Industry Week/IW;Jun2002, Vol. 251 Issue 5, p79
Comments on the emergence of broadband communication technology. Reasons for the slow adoption of the technology; Research project of the University of California at Berkeley on broadband; Effects of broadband's failure to gain wide acceptance on telecommunication providers.
- Integrate to innovate. Biagi, Susan // Telephony;04/03/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 14, p112
Focuses on competition in the telecommunication industry. Emergence of broadband integrators, or companies that develop e-relationships and utilize broadband connectivity to improve the performance of communication services; Nature of transactions conducted by broadband integrators; Information...
- Telcos bring competition to HK pay TV. Chau, Fiona // Telecom Asia;Apr2003, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p14
Reports on the competition over the delivery of broadband networks in the television market in Hong Kong, China. Plan of Hong Kong Broadband Network to deliver programming through its metro Ethernet network using Internet protocol multicasting technology; Details on the complicating factor in...
- Australia's great broadband disaster. Clark, Robert // Telecom Asia;Apr2003, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p18
Reports on the challenges of broadband networks in Australia. Adoption of innovative technologies by the country for its telecommunication services; Details on the ownership rates for mobiles and personal computers; Competition in the telecommunication market.
- Two sides to the Philippines story. Lynch, Grahame // Telecom Asia;Apr2003, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p50
Reports on the plan to increase the termination rents for telecommunication services in the Philippines. Assumptions on the cost of broadband networks; Lack of cost orientation in the country's pricing practice; Basis of a mix of calling party and receiving party pays.
- Asian broadband Is there a business out there yet? Clark, Robert; Yeo, Jacqui; O'Brien, Ross; Kuo, Kaiser // Telecom Asia;Oct2003, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p17
Reports on the impact of broadband communications on the behavior of customers of the telecommunication industry in Asia. Problem with broadband; Growth of the market of broadband communications; Introduction of wireless broadband along with higher bandwidth access products.
- Defining winning services. Herscovich, Bernard // Telephony;04/27/98, Vol. 234 Issue 17, p46
Details the growing popularity of broadband wireless communication systems in the United States. Federal Communications Commission's local multipoint distribution service (LMDS) auction of 1.3 GHz of spectrum in the 28 and 31 GHz ranges; Benefits offered by the technology; Key factors driving...