- Second time is the charm. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;01/31/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 5, p45
Reports on PanAmSat Corp.'s successful launch of its Galaxy XR satellite in January 2000, to replace the satellite it lost in a launch failure in August 1998. Television networks that will be transmitted by the satellite; Plans for more satellite launches.
- PanAmSat to expand satellite services in Latin America. // Fairfield County Business Journal;04/12/99, Vol. 38 Issue 15, p9
Announces PanAmSat Corp.'s designation of its international satellite, PAS-9, to expand its audio, video and telecommunications services in Latin America. Satellite location and description; Impact of the satellite on services offered.
- PanAmSat Given The Nod For Brazilian Satellite. // Latin America Monitor: Brazil Monitor;May2003, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p8
Reports on the approval received by U.S. satellite broadcasting provider PanAmSat from telecommunications regulator ANATEL to offer video, data and Internet services via its PAS-9 Ku band satellite. Description of PAS-9; Features of the satellite.
- Few lawsuits seen in failure of satellite. Prince, Michael // Business Insurance;05/25/98, Vol. 32 Issue 21, p1
Focuses on the failure of the Galaxy IV communications satellite owned by the PanAmSat Corporation, with reference to a $165 million dollar claim which was filed by the company. Indication that the satellite was launched in 1993; Comments from president and chief executive officer of Space...
- Satellite loss not likely to delay DBS service. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;2/19/96, Vol. 126 Issue 8, p10
Reports on the plan of PanAmSat Corp. to make its debut in May 1996 despite the loss of the first satellite that was to deliver the service. Comments from the Luli Saralegui, executive vice president of the company; Plan to launch the service on Intelsat 707; Trouble experienced by the China...
- PanAmSat delays launches. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;05/24/99, Vol. 129 Issue 22, p68
Reports on Greenwich, Connecticut-based communication satellites company PanAmSat's plan to delay its planned satellite launches for the years 1999 and 2000. Impact on the company's stock market performance and earnings.
- The importance of spacecraft. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;5/25/1998, Vol. 148 Issue 21, p17
Discusses the difficulties experienced with the Panamsat Galaxy 4 Hughes 601 satellite. Impact on the pager communications links; Expected loss of the satellite; Value of the satellite; Comments of a Panamsat official; Mention of Panamsat's request for a replacement; Impact of a spacecraft...
- PanAmSat takes Net plunge. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;04/03/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 14, p70
Reports on the plan of PanAmSat Corp. to invest in a project to distribute Internet traffic over its satellites. Amount to be invested by PanAmSat; Information about the satellite service planned to be introduced by the company; Number of receiver/servers to be purchased by the company in 2000.
- Up close. // Fairfield County Business Journal;03/15/99, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p13
Speculates that satellite communications company PanAmSat Corp. of Greenwich, Connecticut, is considering moving its operations to Fairfield County, Connecticut. Statement issued by the company that it has no plans to move out of Greenwich; Speculations that the company has hired a New York...