- Satellite Service Could Come Down to Earth. Goldman, Chris // Wireless Review;10/1/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p8
Reports on the proposal of ICO Global Communications Inc. and other mobile satellite service providers to operate terrestrial networks over their spectrum, creating a combination satellite and terrestrial-based wireless communications service in the U.S.. Response of the Cellular...
- Global satellites: Lots of money, tough sell. // High Yield Report;07/20/98, Vol. 9 Issue 29, p1
Reports that according to industry investors, the debt portion of the global satellite communications network which ICO company plans to build, maybe become difficult to sell. Details on the network; Reason for the difficult sale of the network; Previous deals in the industry as examples to the...
- ICO Global Communications... // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/25/1999, Vol. 151 Issue 17, p25
Reports on ICO Global Communications' rescue plan that would generate funds through a reduced global satellite telephone system and the recruitment of new investors. Scaling back of the company's 12 medium-Earth orbit satellites; Elimination of launch costs.
- Roaming Service Kicks Off ICO Revenue Operations. Taverna, Michael A. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;1/4/1999, Vol. 150 Issue 1, p56
Announces the launching of a global roaming service from the ICO Global Communications Inc. Information on the satellite telephone system of the company; Comment from Olof Lundberg chairman and chief executive officer of the company.
- UK SATELLITE BLASTS OFF. // Professional Engineering;06/27/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p10
Reports on the launching of the first satellite of Great Britain-based ICO Global Communications in Cape Canaveral, Florida. Manufacture of the satellite by Boeing; Testing of the communication in the first six months of space travel.
- Reaching orbital velocity. // Export Today;Oct98, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p18
Focuses on the efforts to launch satellite mobile telephones by several companies and organizations. Features of the Iridium global phone network project; Prospects for the development of next generation satellite communications products; Features of the satellite communication system being...
- Telstra and ICO in satellite deal. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Feb98, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p22
Reports on the agreement signed by Telstra with ICO Global Communications Inc. for the operation and maintenance of ICO's only Australian satellite gateway. Importance of managing ICO's space assets.
- The Big LEOs Reach For Revenue. Gifford, James M. // Satellite Communications;Oct98, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p45
Focuses on the market competition among low-earth orbit (LEO) satellite communications companies. Iridium LLC's completion of the campaign to launch its satellites in a year; Globalstar's launching of eight satellites into orbit; ICO Global Communications' use of a medium-altitude orbit for its...
- ICO boosts McCaw's satellite empire plans. Anselmo, Joseph C. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;11/8/1999, Vol. 151 Issue 19, p53
Reports on Craig McCaw's proposed investment in ICO Global Communications. McCaw's strategy to create a satellite company that would sell a variety of telecommunications services via multiple platforms; McCaw's provision of funds needed by ICO to emerge from protection under Chapter 11 of...