- Value Discrepancy Ends in a Lawsuit. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Mar2000, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p27
Reports on the lawsuit filed by Delaware-based Great Lakes Chemical Corp. against Monsanto Co. for alleged inaccurate sales projections when the former bought Monsanto's division, NSC Technologies Co. Amount of damages sought by Great Lakes; Problems facing NSC that were allegedly withheld from...
- Great Lakes Sues BTP over Tic-D. Moore, Samuel K. // Chemical Week;11/10/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 42, p55
Focuses on the lawsuit filed by Great Lakes Chemical company against BTP Archimica. Background of the case; Comments from Ken Greatbatch, chief financial officer at BTP.
- Seeds of absurdity. // New Scientist;04/07/2001, Vol. 170 Issue 2285, p3
Comments on the question of who is responsible when genetically modified seeds drift and take root in a farmer's field. Decision of a Canadian court that farmer Percy Schmeiser should pay for the privilege of cultivating seed, developed by Monsanto, that spread into his field; Opinion that it...
- Monsanto Braces For Great Lakes Lawsuit. // Chemical Market Reporter;01/31/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 5, p6
Reports on the plan of Monsanto Company to defend its position in a lawsuit filed by Great Lakes Chemical Company. Accusation against Monsanto; Remarks from Hendrik Verfaillie, president of Monsanto; Background of the lawsuit.
- Court Denies Class-Action Status for GM Seed Suit. D'Amico, Esther // Chemical Week;10/8/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 36, p7
Reports on the decision of a U.S. District Court judge in Saint Louis, Missouri to deny requests by a group of farmers to grant class-action status to a price-fixing lawsuit against Monsanto and licensers of its genetically modified seeds in 2003. Allegations of the lawsuit.
- Great Lakes, Ciba settle. // Chemical Market Reporter;04/21/97, Vol. 251 Issue 16, p3
Reports that Great Lakes Chemical Corp. and Ciba Specialty Chemicals have settled a patent dispute in Germany.
- Great Lakes Settles Federal Class-Action Price Fixing Suit. Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;3/19/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 11, p12
Reports the settlement of the U.S. federal class-action lawsuit filed against Great Lakes Chemical for price fixing in March 2003. Amount of the settlement; Lawsuits covered under the compromise; Details on the payment terms.
- Monsanto settles with insurers. Rotman, David // Chemical Week;9/13/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 9, p14
Reports that Monsanto has settled its long-running dispute with 37 insurers over coverage for the cleanup of hazardous waste sites on the eve of going to trial. Accrued liability for Superfund cleanups.
- Monsanto settles cleanup disputes. // Business Insurance;9/18/95, Vol. 29 Issue 38, p81
Reports that Monsanto Co. has reached a settlement agreement with its commercial liability insurers in a coverage lawsuit involving the environmental cleanup of Superfund sites.