Business Gets 'Tougher' for DirecTV
- Dish's Satellite Performance Is Clouded. King, Danny // Television Week;5/19/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 16, p4
The article reports that Dish Network, trailing U.S. satellite leader DirecTV in both subscribers and high-definition channels, may be falling further behind, despite its recent announcement that it was nearing DirecTV's inventory of almost 100 HD channels. Dish, whose 13.8 million subscribers...
- DirecTV, Dish Q1 Net, Subs Go In Separate Ways. TARR, GREG // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;5/18/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p8
The article reports on the financial performance of several satellite television providers as of May 2009. Lower profits were reported by the DirecTV Group, but more subscribers. High income was posted by rival Dish Network, but fewer subscribers. Based on financial reports filed by DirecTV,...
- Dish Network Swings and Misses on Digital TV Transition Campaign. // Satellite News;5/13/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 19, p3
The article presents information on the financial performance of Dish Network Corp. and DirecTV Inc. Dish Network reported a 21% increase in its first quarter earnings to $312.7 million. The results were the opposite for Dish Network's main competitor, DirecTV, which added 460,000 net new U.S....
- Dish Can Keep Tweaking DirecTV. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;2/22/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p28
The article reports an update on the lawsuit filed by DirectTV Inc. against Dish Network Corp., in which the former alleges that the latter is making false comparison between their programming packages and pricing.
- High-Cost Gains for Dish. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;3/8/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p16
The article reports that Dish Network Corp. has increased the number of subscribers and also offers information on its rivalry with DirecTV.
- Dish Network, Cox System Hike Rates. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;1/2/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p38
The article reports on the decision of the Dish Network and Cox Communications Inc. of EchoStar Communications Corp. to impose single-digit rate increases in Arizona in 2006. Price increases of 9.4% were announced by EchoStar to retailers on December 22, 2005 according to Craig Moffett, senior...
- NUMBER 155,000. // Multichannel News;11/16/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 41, p21
The article presents statistics for the number of Sling TV subscribers added by Dish Network in the third quarter of 2015, as estimated by Craig Moffett, analyst at the research institute MoffettNathanson.
- DirecTV Q1 Subs Up; Dish Disappoints. Tarr, Gregg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;5/19/2008, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p8
The article reports on the financial performance of U.S. satellite television (TV) providers DirecTV and Dish Network for the first quarter of 2008. DirecTV claims it added 275,000 net subscribers and realized a monthly churn rate of 1.36 percent. According to Chase Carey, the chief executive...
- DirecTV: As the satellite turns. // Dow Theory Forecasts;11/12/2012, Vol. 68 Issue 46, p8
The article discusses the financial performance of DirecTV Inc. as of the September 2012 quarter. It states that potential for superior growth is being offered by DirecTV at an attractive valuation. It says that although DirecTV's revenue climbed 8%, the cash brought by operations declined by...