Golden Globes Pray for Peace
- GOLDEN GLOBES GALA CANCELED. Medina, Marcy // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/8/2008, Vol. 195 Issue 5, p2
The article reports on the cancellation of the Golden Globes awards ceremonies, according to the Hollywood Foreign Press Association. A one-hour press conference will be held to announce the winners which will be broadcast live by NBC News. NBC sent an e-mail to studios outlining plans for a...
- Global Warming. Downey, Kevin // Broadcasting & Cable;11/19/2007, Vol. 137 Issue 46, p18
The article focuses on the Golden Globe awards presentation staged annually by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association. The awards are sometimes seen as inferior to the Emmys or Oscars, but the association has an excellent track record of presenting awards to outstanding television programs. The...
- TELEVISION. // Daily Variety;1/26/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 20, p21
Presents a list of winners in the 61st annual Golden Globes Awards in the television category organized by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association in Los Angeles, California.
- Slow and steady key to race for TV Globes. Schneider, Michael // Variety;12/1/2008, Vol. 413 Issue 3, pA1
The article explains the differences in how television shows garner recognition from the Emmy's as opposed to the Golder Globes. Television broadcasting companies spend large sums of money getting votes for the Emmy awards. For the Golden Globes, a television program only needs to market itself...
- NBC: GLOBES RE-UP? Block, Alex Ben // Hollywood Reporter;11/10/2010, Vol. 416 Issue 52, p28
The article focuses on the decision of National Broadcasting Co. Inc. (NBC) to bid for another multiyear deal to broadcast Golden Globe Awards.
- Globes to air live in H'w'd. Stewart, Andrew // Daily Variety;4/3/2009, Vol. 302 Issue 65, p16
The article reports that the Golden Globe Awards will be aired live by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association on the West Coast for the first time. It cites that the 67th awards show is set for January 17, 2009 and will air on NBC Television Network from 8-11pm eastern standard time (EST)....
- 'HEROES' WELCOME. Richmond, Ray // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;11/28/2006, Vol. 397 Issue 9, pS20
The article looks at the nominees for the best television series category of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association's 64th annual Golden Globe Awards. They include NBC's "Heroes," and "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip," and CBS' "Jericho." The article discusses how the Golden Globe helped improve...
- The Golden Globe Winners Special/Dateline NBC. Lowry, Brian // Variety Movie Reviews;1/14/2008, p1
The article reviews "The Golden Globe Winners Special" of the television program "Dateline NBC."
- SUNDAY SAFE AGAIN AS WISTERIA HYSTERIA EBBS. Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;12/3/2007 Supplement, p7
The article reports on the decision of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association (HFPA) and National Broadcasting Company Inc. (NBC) to return the time slot of the Golden Globe Awards from Monday to Sunday night in the U.S. The slot for the awards night, which is scheduled on January 13, 2008, was...