Comcast, AT&T Box in Chicago
- FCC Bureau Nixes WealthTV Claim. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;7/13/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 27, p12
The article reports that the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Enforcement Bureau dismissed the discrimination claims of WealthTV network against cable operators, including Comcast Corp. The bureau points out that WealthTV failed to prove that the operators are preventing them from...
- MCA, Viacom battle over TV Land. McClennan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;5/06/96, Vol. 126 Issue 20, p32
Reports on the controversy between MCA and Viacom over cable programming rights. Background on MCA filing suit against Viacom; Nature of MCA requests to Delaware court in relation to Viacom; Information on Viacom's responses to situation; Implications of Viacom's launching of TV Land;...
- Judge sends Yankees' sports net to the showers. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;08/07/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 33, p38
Reports on cable television network Madison Square Garden Network's lawsuit seeking to prevent the New York Yankees baseball team from launching its own cable channel as of August 7, 2000. Case background; Judge Barry Cozier's ruling in favor of the cable television network.
- Unscripted win is dose of reality. Belloni, Matthew; Hibberd, James // Hollywood Reporter;1/22/2009, Vol. 408 Issue 13, p1
The article presents information on two class lawsuits filed by several television employees working on various reality television shows. The employees working on such shows filed the lawsuits in 2005, in which plaintiffs alleged they were told by Fox, ABC, CBS and various production entities,...
- NBC-Comcast Merger May Curb 'Cord-Cutting'. Hatch, David // National Journal;12/18/2010, p19
The article reports on challenges facing Seattle, Washington-based cable television network Ivi TV since it was launched in September 2010. Several broadcast networks have filed lawsuits alleging that Ivi TV does not have a permit to stream its signal live over the Internet. Ivi TV has insisted...
- CNN instigates litigation. Trigoboff, Dan // Broadcasting & Cable;11/19/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 48, p10
Reports on the offer of CNN on paying legal fees on court case of Fox Television against an NBC owned Station in Dallas Texas. Usage of KXAS-TV of police chase video taken by KDFW(TV); Defense of KDFW using the fair use doctrine; Importance of suit on protecting affiliates.
- Satellite TV providers sue Utah over higher taxes. // Chicago Citizen - South Suburban Edition;12/29/2010, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p4
The article reports on the lawsuit filed by the satellite television providers, DIRECTV and DISH Network, against Utah for giving cable television companies a tax break not available to the providers in 2010 in the U.S.
- Court halts FilmNet rival's squeeze play. Keller, Keith // Hollywood Reporter;1/3/95, Vol. 335 Issue 22, pI-5
Reports that a special Norwegian business court has issued a temporary verdict in favor of FilmNet which sued Norwegian Telecom for breach of contract. Norwegian Telecom's takeover of the marketing, sales, distribution, customer services and smart cards of Viaset which is the sales subsidiary...
- Gemstar: S-A Wants Lawsuits Dropped. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;12/17/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 51, p6
Cites the lawsuit filed by the Gemstar against the Scientific Atlanta Inc. in Washington. Company policy comment the litigation; Deployment plan of Gemstar; Replacement of TV Guide Interactive.