The Chesapeake Bay Tidewater Hearth
- The New England Hearth. // American Houses: A Field Guild to the Architecture of the Home;2004, p1
The article discusses how immigrant people from England influenced the architectural design of houses built across New England. Typical of each housing construction was the heavy timber frame, the massive masonry chimney, and a low exposed-timber ceiling. Posts and beams were hewn from logs and...
- Late Victorian Styles. // American Houses: A Field Guild to the Architecture of the Home;2004, p259
The article presents information on the influence of the late Victorian architectural styles on the design of 19th-century houses in the U.S. houses built in the 19th century are not always easy to categorize. Architectural styles were increasingly defined by the shapes of openings and...
- BDP's academy for everyone. // Building Design;1/21/2005, Issue 1657, p4
Reports on the construction of the Marlowe Academy in Ramsgate, Kent. Identification of art facilities included in the construction; Specifications of the ideas of the design; Expected completion date of the work.
- WHAT'S ON THE WEB. // Building Design;6/18/2010, Issue 1921, p2
The article offers updates on various issues in Great Britain, including the opening of the London Festival of Architecture.
- High Hopes in Hong Kong. Liauw, Laurence // Architectural Record;Nov2010, Vol. 198 Issue 11, p31
The article discusses competing architectural plans for the West Kowloon Cultural District (WKCD) in Hong Kong, China, by architecture firms FOSTER + partners, REM Koolhas/OMA, and Rocco Design Architects.
- Symbiotic City, Xiasha, Hangzhou, China. // Architecture Australia;Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 100 Issue 1, p102
This article provides site plans, architectural perspectives and a brief information about the Symbiotic City project in Hangzhou, China by Brearley Architects and Urbanists and Steve Whitford, which was awarded honourable mention at the 2010 Australia Architecture (AA) Prize for Unbuilt Work.
- Good Fences Make Good Neighbours. // Architecture Australia;Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 100 Issue 1, p106
This article provides architectural site plans and brief information about the "Good Fences Make Good Neighbours" fencing project in Rowville by Hong Yi, which was awarded special mention at the 2010 Australia Architecture (AA) Prize for Unbuilt Work.
- Exterior makes Westcreek Court one-of-a-kind. // High Plains Journal;11/5/2012, Vol. 130 Issue 46, p6-C
The article discusses the architectural design of a residential town home Westcreek Court D9225.
- An Introduction to American Houses. // American Houses: A Field Guild to the Architecture of the Home;2004, preceding p3
The article discusses various topics published within the book "American Houses: A Field Guide to the Architecture of the Home," including one about architectural traditions in the U.S., and another on Classical architectural designs.