The Hudson River Valley Hearth
- Putting Dutch Colonials under one roof. Massey, James C.; Maxwell, Shirley // Old House Journal;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p18
Describes Dutch Colonial houses to answer readers' question. Features of an early-20th-century Dutch colonial; Paired windows; Gambrel roof with continuous dormer; Craftsman influence on a Dutch Colonial house; Top-heavy windows; Untapered columns; Dutch Colonial house representing the early...
- Dutch Colonial Revival. // Old House Journal;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p69
Examines the revival of the Dutch Colonial house in the United States.
- THE FLOOD. Quigley, Sarah // Architecture Australia;Sep/Oct2005, Vol. 94 Issue 5, p41
This article focuses on Rotterdam's 2nd International Architecture Biennale, in the Netherlands. Its central theme is The Flood. The overall metaphor covers five exhibitions: The Water City and Mare Nostrum and three smaller shows at the Netherlands Architectural Institute, Polders, Three Bays...
- Essay: Is there an American architecture? Campbell, Robert // Architectural Record;Apr1999, Vol. 187 Issue 4, p76
Presents an essay on the existence or non-existence of American architecture in an increasingly multicultural world where the traditionally accepted notions of time and place are questioned. Personal and social meanings of houses; Issue of a house as an expression of individual national,...
- Colonial tome. Maurer, David // Colonial Homes;Feb95, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p24
Features American Colonial houses in the United States. Furnishings; Design.
- Boomers trade up, fuel boom in home sales. Coolidge, Shelley Donald // Christian Science Monitor;8/19/96, Vol. 88 Issue 185, p1
Reports on the increase in house sales in the United States. Trading to larger and more expensive homes; Renewed faith in the economy.
- By Georgian! Wortman, Marc; Mundy, Michael // Town & Country;Apr96, Vol. 150 Issue 5191, p96
Reports on the re-emergence of the Georgian architectural design all over the United States. Reason behind the trend; Characteristics of a Georgian house; Roots of the style; Architects behind the trend; Famous people opting for a Georgian design for their homes. INSETS: The new Georgians.;The...
- Forewarned is forearmed checking out an old house. Baer, Gary M. // Early American Homes;Apr98, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p44
Gives advice on inspecting an old house in the United States. Assistance of a professional; References for historical preservation.
- Glory days in Manhattan. Feld, David // Architectural Digest;Jul94, Vol. 51 Issue 7, p86
Features an apartment in Manhattan's Central Park West district in New York. Architecture by Elizabeth Hammond; Interior design by Albert Hadley, Asid and Joanne Guardiola of Parish-Hadley Associates; Reflection of the owner's lifestyle and personality.