The New England Hearth
- The Chesapeake Bay Tidewater Hearth. // American Houses: A Field Guild to the Architecture of the Home;2004, p81
The article discusses how English settlers influenced the architectural designs of the lowland area of Maryland and Virginia dominated by the expanse of the Chesapeake Bay. The English first entered the region in 1585. The humid lowlands were rife with disease-carrying mosquitoes. At first the...
- Late Victorian Styles. // American Houses: A Field Guild to the Architecture of the Home;2004, p259
The article presents information on the influence of the late Victorian architectural styles on the design of 19th-century houses in the U.S. houses built in the 19th century are not always easy to categorize. Architectural styles were increasingly defined by the shapes of openings and...
- You've got mail. Simpson, Jill Kirchner; Morton, Keith Scott // Country Living;May2005, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p140
Focuses on the different architectural designs of house.
- PLAN PERFECT. OSTERGAARD, JUDY // Australian House & Garden;Jul2011, p126
The article presents information on architect-designed house of couple Fiona and Mark Monagle on bayside Melbourne.
- The Architecture Issue. // Architectural Digest;Oct2008, Vol. 65 Issue 10, p65
The article discusses various reports which are contained within the issue including one on a home designed by Robinson Jeffers, one on a home designed by Bart Prince and another on a home built by Scott Allen.
- The Architecture Issue. // Architectural Digest;Oct2009, Vol. 66 Issue 10, p41
The article discusses various reports published within the issue which are all concerned with architect-designed houses and architectural design.
- HOME OF THE MONTH. PLUNKET, BOB // Sarasota Magazine;Dec2013, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p69
The article looks at the architectural design of the Melk Home on Siesta Key in Sarasota, Florida, designed by architect Clifford Scholz and Perrone Construction.
- Placed at the edge of the continent, Nick Noyes' tranquil seaside cabin responds superbly to light and fog. Findley, Lisa // Architectural Record;Jul2002, Vol. 190 Issue 7, p182
Focuses on the architectural design of the Ocean Beach Residence by Nick Noyes Architecture in San Francisco, California. Concept of architectural design; Structure of the residence; Financial consideration on the selection of the building materials.
- Suman Sorg's house conducts a seasonal symphony with the instruments of water, sky, and marsh. Kolleeny, Jane F. // Architectural Record;Jul2002, Vol. 190 Issue 7, p188
Focuses on the architectural design of The Van Sweden Bay House designed by Sorg and Associates in Sherwood, Maryland. Resemblance of traditional homes in India; Structure of the houses; Design of the furniture.