An Introduction to American Houses
- BDP's academy for everyone. // Building Design;1/21/2005, Issue 1657, p4
Reports on the construction of the Marlowe Academy in Ramsgate, Kent. Identification of art facilities included in the construction; Specifications of the ideas of the design; Expected completion date of the work.
- WHAT'S ON THE WEB. // Building Design;6/18/2010, Issue 1921, p2
The article offers updates on various issues in Great Britain, including the opening of the London Festival of Architecture.
- High Hopes in Hong Kong. Liauw, Laurence // Architectural Record;Nov2010, Vol. 198 Issue 11, p31
The article discusses competing architectural plans for the West Kowloon Cultural District (WKCD) in Hong Kong, China, by architecture firms FOSTER + partners, REM Koolhas/OMA, and Rocco Design Architects.
- Symbiotic City, Xiasha, Hangzhou, China. // Architecture Australia;Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 100 Issue 1, p102
This article provides site plans, architectural perspectives and a brief information about the Symbiotic City project in Hangzhou, China by Brearley Architects and Urbanists and Steve Whitford, which was awarded honourable mention at the 2010 Australia Architecture (AA) Prize for Unbuilt Work.
- Good Fences Make Good Neighbours. // Architecture Australia;Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 100 Issue 1, p106
This article provides architectural site plans and brief information about the "Good Fences Make Good Neighbours" fencing project in Rowville by Hong Yi, which was awarded special mention at the 2010 Australia Architecture (AA) Prize for Unbuilt Work.
- Exterior makes Westcreek Court one-of-a-kind. // High Plains Journal;11/5/2012, Vol. 130 Issue 46, p6-C
The article discusses the architectural design of a residential town home Westcreek Court D9225.
- Recommended Reading. // American Houses: A Field Guild to the Architecture of the Home;2004, p390
The article lists some books related to architectural designs, including "Illustrated Handbook of Vernacular Architecture," "Dictionary of Building Preservation," and "The Refinement of America."
- David Appleton on the 'pagodas' at Orford Ness, Suffolk. // Building Design;3/10/2006, Issue 1712, p25
The article focuses on the design and structure of the twin Pagodas of the former Atomic Weapons Research Establishment at Orford Ness in Suffolk, England. The buildings are part of a collection that were used to test nuclear missiles in the 1950's and 1960's. The buildings' structure was...
- two shacks and a treehouse. // Houses;2008, Issue 60, p57
This section introduces several architectural projects in Australia.