TITLE

BRIEFS

PUB. DATE
April 2008
SOURCE
Metal Center News;Apr2008, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p14
SOURCE TYPE
Trade Publication
DOC. TYPE
Article
ABSTRACT
The article offers news briefs related to the steel industry in the U.S. Burgon Tool Steel Co. Inc. has completed its acquisition of Kloster Steel Corp. Berkshire Hathaway Inc. has acquired 60% of Marmon Holdings Inc. for $4.5 billion. Furthermore, Parker Steel Co. has expanded its inventory for the inclusion of round tubing in a 4140 modified grade and the heat-treated hexagon bar.
ACCESSION #
31831761

 

Related Articles

  • Berkshire billionaire buys stake in Marmon.  // Plastics News;1/28/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 47, p12 

    The article offers information regarding a corporate deal between Berkshire Hathaway Inc. and Marmon Holdings Inc. It states that Berkshire Hathaway of Omaha, Nebraska has purchased a 60 percent controlling interest in Marmon Holdings Inc., a private company with some plastics-related...

  • Berkshire Hathaway completes initial acquisition of Marmon Holdings.  // Wire Journal International;May2008, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p14 

    The article discusses the acquisition of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. on Marmon Holdings. It mentions that Berkshire completed the 60% acquisition of Marmon for $4.5billion. However, the remaining 40% will be acquired by the company through staged acquisitions for a period of five to six year...

  • Expanding Burgon Tool Steel finds room to grow at Pease. Stowell, Colles // New Hampshire Business Review;09/11/98, Vol. 20 Issue 20, p16 

    Features the Burgon Tool Steel company based at Pease International Tradeport in New Hampshire. Plans for expansion of facility by company president, Eric Burgon; Service and clients; Growth in sales; Background information on the company.

  • A PEOPLE PERSON.  // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Feb2008, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p16 

    This article reports on the acquisition of Marmon Holdings by Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway from the Pritzker family in December 2007. Marmon controls around 125 various businesses in the manufacturing and services sectors. Berkshire Hathaway structured the transaction with an earnout at...

  • BERKSHIRE ACQUIRES MARMON HOLDINGS INC.  // Modern Metals;Feb2008, Vol. 64 Issue 2, p6 

    The article reports that Nebraska-based Berkshire Hathaway Inc. is set to purchase 60% of Marmon Holdings Inc., a Marmon Group subsidiary owned by Jay and Robert Pritzker of Chicago, Illinois. The remaining 40% of company shares will be purchased through staged acquisitions over a 5 to 6-year...

  • Ryerson to Shutter Operations in Chicago.  // Metal Center News;Jan2008, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p10 

    The article offers news briefs related to service centers in the metal industry. Ryerson Inc. announces the closing of its processing and distribution operations in Chicago, Illinois, by the end of 2008. Berkshire Hathaway Inc. has agreed to purchase a 60% stake of Marmon Holdings for $4.5...

  • Metric Metals Specialist Goes the Extra Kilometer. Triplett, Tim // Metal Center News;Dec2002, Vol. 42 Issue 13, p58 

    Presents financial performance of U.S.-based Parker Steel Co. Founder of the company; Success made by the company; Staff of the company.

  • Lower volume is likely: Buffett. Zolkos, Rodd // Business Insurance;05/11/98, Vol. 32 Issue 19, p2 

    Reports the Berkshire Hathaway Incorporated's super-cat reinsurance business is expected to develop Catastrophe bonds and insurance derivatives that will cut into the company's volume in a number years. Reference to Warren E. Buffett, chairman and chief executive officer of Berkshire; Details...

  • Monopoly snack.  // Christian Science Monitor;4/1/97, Vol. 89 Issue 87, p20 

    Reports that the McDonald Corporation has joined the Coca Cola Bottling Company on the list of Berkshire Hathaway Incorporated's principal investments. Business strategy of Warren Buffet, owner of the incorporated.

Share

Read the Article

Courtesy of VIRGINIA BEACH PUBLIC LIBRARY AND SYSTEM

Sorry, but this item is not currently available from your library.

Try another library?
Sign out of this library

Other Topics