No Boom Becky
- Star Wars in paradise. Stoller, Gary // Conde Nast Traveler;Jul94, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p46
Reports on the US Army's missile launching at Barking Sands Navy base in Kauai, Hawaii. Effect of such military operations to the tourist trade in the island; Army officials' insistence that the military testings have no effect on the island; Efforts of local residents and environmental groups...
- Missile alert. Zeman, Ned; Stein, Joel // Newsweek;9/14/1992, Vol. 120 Issue 11, p4
Reports that locals on the Hawaiian island of Kauai are nervous as the army will soon begin testing 40 Star Wars-type missiles over the tropical paradise. Missiles designed to knock out incoming missiles; Modified Polaris rockets; High failure rate; Kauaians have formed a grass-roots movement...
- Missile targets walk the tightrope. // Popular Mechanics;Aug94, Vol. 171 Issue 8, p31
Features the Aerial Cable Test Range, a cable-way for moving targets and other weapons development tests built in the White Sands Missile Range, New Mexico. Builder; Number of tests expected per year.
- Untitled. Nordwall, Bruce D. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;11/15/1993, Vol. 139 Issue 20, p63
Reports on the scheduled opening of a cable car facility at White Sands Missile Range, New Mexico. Carrying a helicopter or stripped-down C-130; Testing the effectiveness of electronic and infrared countermeasures against live-fire guided missiles.
- Hawaii beckons as test requirements grow. Fulghum, David A. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;3/24/1997, Vol. 146 Issue 12, p62
Focuses on factors that are limiting the type of aerospace technology that can be tested and the flight profiles that can be used at key range sites, such as Edwards Air Force Base and the White Sands Missile Range. US Department of Defense officials believing the problem will grow worse;...
- Missile test. // South Asian Post;4/1/2010, p19
The article reports on the successful test completion of two short-range nuclear capable missiles of India in April 2010.
- Wholesalers Only. // Progressive;Sep85, Vol. 49 Issue 9, p13
Focuses on official brochures that prohibit visitors to the White Sands Missile Range in New Mexico from bringing any kind of weapons into the area.
- On target. // Design Engineering;Feb98, p6
Reports that the Boeing's Standoff Land Attack Missile Expanded Response (SLAM ER) has scored a devastating hit on its second test flight at the Naval Air Warfare Center, Port Mugu, California. Details on the how the SLAM ER was launched by F/A-18; Identification of the target; Use of the...
- Army markets facility to nations testing intercontinental missiles. Ehrlich, Richard S. // Insight on the News;02/02/98, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p42
Deals with the offer made by the United States to open its Kwajalein Missile Range located in the Pacific Ocean to countries wishing to test their weapons, to earn cash for the coverage of military cutbacks. Comments by Stan McMurtrie, Kwajalein deputy director; Where the Japanese and Germans...