Sending 'em where you need 'em
- New Reserve Unit to Train F-16 Pilots at Luke. McCourt, Maj. Linda // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Apr2000, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p19
Focuses on United States Air Force Reserve Command (AFRC) instructor pilots' efforts to test the F-16 Fighting Falcon. Activation of the 301st Fighter Squadron as a Reserve associate unit; Instructor-pilot associate program; Joint initiative of the AFRC and the Air Education and Training Command.
- Captain Pete Fesler. // Flying Safety;Jul2000, Vol. 56 Issue 7, p31
Focuses on how a United States Air Force Captain Pete Fesler showed an outstanding airmanship and professional performance during a hazardous situation. Problem experienced during an aerial refueling for an operational F-15C Offensive Counter Air mission in support of Operation Southern Watch;...
- Relief is in Sight. Dendy IV, John B. // Airman;Apr2000, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p3
Discusses the United States (US) Air Force aerospace expeditionary force (AEF), a military deployment system. How military pilots are trained to provide better smartbombing during AEF; Advantages of AEF; Interest of US Guard and Reserve members to join AEF deployment.
- UNCOMMON AIRMEN: Airmen-Soldiers are a direct link between ground and air power. Lamance, Rich // Airman;Summer2007, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p32
The article focuses on the role of tactical U.S. Airmen serving as joint terminal attack controller (JTAC)s in verifying and prioritizing targets on the battlefield. It is stated that JTACs provide close-air support to soldiers in the Cavalry and Infantry divisions. JTACs evolved from the...
- We are a professional force preparing for combat. Lorber, John G. // Flying Safety;Aug95, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p2
Discusses the `dues' that members of the US Air Force are expected to `pay' to keep the title of a professional air crew member. Physical and mental preparation; Thorough preflight checks; Rapid and accurate reaction to problems encountered during takeoff; Sticking to the briefed air plan;...
- There I was... // Flying Safety;Nov95, Vol. 51 Issue 11, p2
Discusses the flight mission of a United States Air Force copilot in bad weather. Experience related.
- ANGEL THUNDER 10. // Airman;Sep/Oct2010, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p42
Photographs of several service members of the U.S. Air Force who have rendered their services in various missions in the U.S. are presented.
- AirLant/AirPac battle `E' winners. // Naval Aviation News;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 76 Issue 5, p6
Cites the 1993's finest active duty carriers and squadrons in the United States.
- More pilots choose Jettas over fighter jets. Brown, Justin // Christian Science Monitor;10/12/99, Vol. 91 Issue 221, p3
Focuses on how the United States Air Force will push their men to cover for the shortage of pilots.