- Sales Rise at Thomas Nelson. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/25/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 8, p10
Reports on the revenues at Thomas Nelson in the third quarter ended December 31, 2001. Factor that helped boost the revenues; Income from continuing operations in the period; Important marketing channel for the company.
- Borders Says 4Q Sales Not So Bad After All, Issues Revised Projections. // Book Publishing Report;02/05/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p5
Reports that Ann Arbor, Michigan-based book publishing company Borders Group Inc. has revised projected financial results for the fourth quarter of 2001. Intended purpose for the company's decision to change its management structure; Financial performance of the company in 2000; Optimism of...
- Harcourt's Sales And Net Income Increase In Its Third Quarter. // Educational Marketer;10/04/99, Vol. 30 Issue 28, p6
Presents 1999 financial information on Harcourt General Incorporated, an educational publisher.
- Harcourt Hits Expectations. // Publishers Weekly;6/18/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 25, p12
Reports on the total revenues reported by Harcourt General Inc. for the second quarter of 2001 ended April 3. Net loss the company posted; Increase in revenues posted by Harcourt's educational group.
- School Group Leads Gains at Harcourt. // Publishers Weekly;9/4/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 36, p22
Reports on the revenues generated by Harcourt General in the third quarter of 2000. Income from continuing operations; Sales performance of its education group; Results posted by its various business operations.
- Harcourt Turns In Solid Farewell Performance. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;12/18/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 51, p14
Reports on the earnings of Harcourt General for the year ended October 31, 2000. Net income of the company; Increase in operating earnings; Sales in the higher education group.
- Barnes & Noble Inc. and Borders Post Solid 3Q Gains. // Book Publishing Report;12/1/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 46, p1
Reports on the third quarter profit of Barnes and Noble Inc. and Borders Group Inc. in the U.S. Escalation of book store sales; Calculation of net income; Facilitation of marketing strategy.
- Crunch Time For Borders. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;12/13/2010, Vol. 257 Issue 49, p3
The article reports on the release of the 2010 third quarter results of Borders in December 2010 which confirmed the trend on falling sales among the largest bookstore chains in the U.S. The revenue of the company from the three bookstore chains declined 5.3 percent in the said quarter. The...
- Borders Looks for Earnings Gain in Fiscal 2002. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/12/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 7, p87
Deals with the outlook of book retail business Borders Group on its earnings for year 2002. Forecasts on earnings for 2002; Sales of Borders in fourth quarter 2000; Moves of Border that could bolster its profits for year 2002.