Unique Acquisition Strategy Pays Off For Roman & Littlefield In 1999
- Roman & Littlefield buys them, supports them, leaves them alone. // Book Publishing Report;09/13/99, Vol. 24 Issue 36, p3
Reports on Roman & Littlefield's acquisition strategy in the book publishing business. Target companies; Management of acquired companies; Benefits from its hands-off policy to editorial content.
- Sales Rise As Acquisitive Publishing Group Buys Yet More Companies. // Book Publishing Report;12/11/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 48, p5
Reports the acquisitions made by Roman and Littlefield (R&L) Publishing Group in the United States. Annual sales of R&L; Advantages of the acquisitions; Percentage sales growth gained by the company.
- Business Publisher Career Press Acquires New Age Book Company. // Book Publishing Report;6/26/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 25, p6
Reports that business book publisher Career Press has acquired Newcastle Publishing.
- News Briefs ï¿½. // Educational Marketer;9/3/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 17, p7
The article offers news briefs related to business in the U.S. Roman & Littlefield has published the new textbook "The Human Experience: Description, Explanation and Judgment." Analytic software provider SAS has made agreements with Pearson Education and W.H. Freeman unit to bundle JMP Student...
- EFfects of 1999 consumer book industry acquisitions will be felt during 2000. // Book Publishing Report;12/27/99, Vol. 24 Issue 50, p1
Reports on major acquisition deals in the United States book publishing industry in 1999. Implications for the industry's prospects in 2000; Purchase of Hearst Book Group by Harper Collins parent firm News Corp.; John Wiley & Sons' purchases that included higher education titles.
- Holtzbrinck to Buy Roaring Brook Press. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/5/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 14, p13
Reports that Millbrook Press has reached a preliminary agreement to sell its Roaring Brook Press trade imprint to Holtzbrinck Publishers. Reason for the sale of the trade imprint; Plan of Holtzbrinck for the trade imprint; Advantage of the addition of Roaring Book Press to Holtzbrinck.
- Acquisition Activity Picks Up. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;7/21/2014, Vol. 261 Issue 29, p1
The article discusses the effect of economic recovery and the book market on the increase in mergers and acquisitions in the publishing industry as of July 2014, and includes charts detailing book publishing acquisitions and publishing-related acquisitions. Topics include acquisitions by...
- The Big Five Sat Out Deal Making in 2015. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;1/11/2016, Vol. 263 Issue 2, p6
The article examines the mergers and acquisitions in the book publishing industry in the U.S. in 2015. It states that there were several major acquisitions involving the professional and education segments which include one between Macmillan Science and Education and Springer Science + Business...
- Mergers & acquisitions. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;04/01/97 25th Anniversary Special, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p37
Reports on mergers and acquisitions among the publishing companies in the United States. Fanjet Group's purchase of the New York City-based Printing and Design Services' `Skyjack' magazine; Affinity Group's acquisition of Ehlert Publishing Group.