New Internationally Compatible Metadata Standards Ready For Use
- Professional Publishers Confront Change. Luther, Judy // Information Today;Mar2001, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p22
Reports on a conference of the Association of American Publishers' (AAP) Professional Scholarly Publishing (PSP) division, on February 4-7, 2001. Topics of conversation, including the Internet-based song-swapping service Napster and electronic books; Panelists present; Thoughts on emerging...
- Publishers Show Strongest Interest Yet In Ebooks, Though Security Fears Still High. // Book Publishing Report;05/29/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 22, p1
Reports on developments in New York City that augur well for the future of electronic books. Plan of Time Warner Inc. to become the first major traditional publisher to create a division for electronic publishing; Partnerships announced by Microsoft Corp. with book houses; Meeting of the...
- AAP Annual Meeting Puts Focus On California, Florida and Texas. // Educational Marketer;02/14/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p4
Reports that the Association of American Publishers' annual School Division meeting in Orlando in year 2000 is focused on how to succeed in California, Florida and Texas.
- AAP Sets Two Fall Seminars. // Publishers Weekly;2001 Fall Announcements Issue, Vol. 248 Issue 33, p160
Focuses on the planned industry seminars of the Association of American Publishers for 2001. Keynote speaker for the 'Getting Your Books Sold' seminar on September 28, 2001 in San Francisco, California; Range of topics that will be discussed at the 'Risky Business: Publishing Exposes in Print...
- Bezos, Milken, Rubin address AAP annual meeting. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/29/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 13, p16
Reports that speeches by Amazon.Com founder Jeff Bezos, Knowledge Universe founder Michael Milken and United States Treasury Secretary Robert Rubin, highlighted the 1999 annual meeting of the Association of American Publishers, held March 17-18, 1999, in Washington, D.C. Overview on the...
- PSP: Prospering With Digital. TONKERY, DAN // EventDV;Mar2012, Vol. 2012 Issue 3, p17
Information about the 2012 Annual Conference of the Professional/Scholarly Publishing (PSP) Division of the Association of American Publishers (AAP) held at Mayflower Renaissance Hotel in Washington, D.C. on February 2012 is presented. Topics include the competitive discussion in the privacy of...
- PUBS MULL EBOOK STANDARDS. Bing, Jonathan // Daily Variety;11/28/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 60, p43
Reports on the standards recommended released by the Association of American Publishers for electronic book (ebook) standards in the United States. Utilization of a numbering system for ebooks; Use of the meta-standard ONIX; Benefits of the standards.
- Publishers and technology: Face to face. Burns, Christopher // Publishing Research Quarterly;Fall97, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p3
Presents the text of the discussions between the Association of American Publishers and their counterparts in the technology community regarding the market readiness of publishing tools and technology and the realities of doing business in the Internet. Goal of the meeting; Four groups created...
- Entrekin: Great moment for independent publishing. J.M. // Publishers Weekly;4/5/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 14, p20
Highlights the Association of American Publishers' First Annual Meeting for Small and Independent Publishers in Washington, D.C. Keynote speech by Grove/Atlantic Inc. publisher Morgan Entrekin; Increased use of technology by independent publishers; Panel discussions on a variety of topics.