Investing in Ebooks, Time Warner Will `Err On the Side Of Ambition'
- TWBookmark Replaces TWEP. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;7/5/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 27, p22
Reports that Time Warner Inc. has consolidated its online book publishing content on a Web site called Twbookmark.com. Features of the site; Replacement of the Time Warner Electronic Publishing Web site.
- Charting a new course: Time retires pathfinder in favor of vertical theme portals. Cavanagh, Luke // Seybold Report on Internet Publishing;Jun99, Vol. 3 Issue 10, p3
Reports that Time Warner Inc. has retired its Pathfinder Web site in favor of vertical theme portals. Preservation of the site's contents; Trends in electronic publishing; Time Warner's electronic commerce strategy; Appointment of hub leaders.
- Random, TW page e-books. // Daily Variety;08/01/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 41, p1
Reports on Random House and Time Warner Trade Publishing's ventures into the fledgling market for electronic books in the United States. Electronic-publishing programs launched by the firms; Sharp competitive turn for the electronic book market in the U.S.
- Time Warner Trade Publishing Unveils Online Publishing Venture. Hane, Paula J. // Information Today;Jul/Aug2000, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p37
Reports that United States publisher Time Warner Trade Publishing will launch iPublish.com at Time Warner Books in the first quarter of 2001. Details of the online community, which will unite authors, editors, and readers; How the company hopes to redefine what it means to publish a book; How...
- Guild Blasts iPublish Contract. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;5/21/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 21, p19
Reports that the Authors Guild has issued a warning to writers about signing the electronic publishing contract offered by iPublish.com, Time Warner's e-publishing venture. Reason for the move; Services offered by the venture; Allegations of the guild.
- E-Book Aftermath: Three More Publishers Fold Electronic Imprints. Rogers, Michael; Roncevic, Mirela // School Library Journal;Winter2002 Net Connect, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p4
Reports on the decision of publishers to close their electronic book division. Services that Random House offered before its termination of services; Reason of Time Warner Trade Publishing for ending its iPublish.com electronic publishing division; Consequences of the bankruptcy filing of...
- E-Book Aftermath: Three More Publishers Fold Electronic Imprints. Rogers, Michael; Roncevic, Mirela // Library Journal;Winter2002 Net Connect, Vol. 127 Issue 1, p4
Discusses the state of the electronic book industry, in light of the closing of a number of electronic publishers. Termination of the AtRandom e-book imprint of Random House; Closure of the iPublish.com electronic publishing division of Time Warner Trade Publishing; How Princeton University...
- Time Warner Discontinues iPublish Operations. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;12/10/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 50, p9
Reports on the decision of Time Warner Trade Publishing to close its iPublish division, as of December 2001. Number of employees affected by the closure; Reason for the closure; Implications of the move for the future of electronic publishing.
- Time Warner Electronic Publishing Announces Partnership with Learn Technologies. // Information Today;Apr1995, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p45
The article reports on a partnership between Time Warner Electronic Publishing (TWEP) and Learn Technologies Interactive Inc. In tandem with TWEP, Learn Technologies Interactive Inc. will design, develop, and publish cutting-edge entertainment, educational and informational multimedia CD-ROM...