- Beeb Showcase swims in Latin waters. Cajuiero, Marcelo // Variety;9/15/2008, Vol. 412 Issue 5, p13
This article reports that the television (TV) broadcasting company British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) Worldwide sold 30,000 hours of its programming to fifteen Latin American countries at an event held from September 8-10, 2008. The sale of the documentary series "Planet Earth" is discussed....
- FATES & FORTUNES. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/9/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 19, p36
Presents personnel changes in the broadcasting and cable industries in the U.S. as of May 2005. Henry Schwab at cable television firm Cox Communications; Dave Seibold at cable television firm Charter Communications; Deborah Reif at television network company NBC Universal.
- Ads to Women Key in Crisis. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;12/1/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 31, p3
The article reports on the results of a research conducted by NBC Universal on consumer spending in times of the weak economy in the U.S. The research shows that women maintain the bulk of household spending and are looking for ways to shop smarter in times of weak economy. Marketers are then...
- NBCU Shake-Up: Berwick Adds Oversight of Oxygen. Morabito, Andrea // Broadcasting & Cable;9/16/2013, Vol. 143 Issue 34, p25
The article announces a management restructuring at NBCUniversal as of September 2013, including the appointment of Jeff Wachtel as president and chief content officer of NBCU Cable Entertainment and Chris McCumber as sole president of Universal Cable Productions and Wilshire Studios.
- NBC, COX TEST FREE PRIME-TIME SHOWS ON DEMAND. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;9/30/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 39, p12
The article reports on the launch by NBC Universal and Cox Communications of a video-on-demand offering of several primetime shows from the television network. "30 Rock," "Friday Night Lights," "Las Vegas," "Bionic Woman" and "Life" will be available for free to Cox cable subscribers in Palos...
- FATES & FORTUNES. // Broadcasting & Cable;3/19/2007, Vol. 137 Issue 12, p33
The article reports personnel changes in the broadcast and cable television industry. Leticia Garcia is named local sales manager of television station KWHY in Los Angeles, California. Susan Malfa becomes Vice President of sales for the Bravo cable television network. Trish Regan is named a...
- NBC U plucks Cotton again. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;8/2/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 20, p6
Reports that NBC Universal has named Richard Cotton as executive vice president and general counsel in the United States.
- the pulse. Richmond, Ray // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;5/29/2007, Vol. 399 Issue 39, p15
The article focuses on the author's views on issues related to the expected appointment of Ben Silverman as the chief of NBC Entertainment replacing current head Kevin Reilly. The author says that Reilly has been successful with his plans that were predicted as failures, including "The Office,"...
- Cox's Rolls gets new duties in reorg: Bowick to retire. // CED;Apr2009, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p10
The article announces the reorganization of Cox Communications Inc. As part of this move, Jay Rolls has taken the role as senior vice president of technology architecture. The company has started reorganizing as senior vice president of engineering Chris Bowick has been considered to retire from...