Broadcasters Wrap Up Mobile-Tech Trials
- One to watch. // New Media Age;3/2/2006, p25
This article asserts that mobile television services should focus more on its content that the consumer can identify with and is willing to purchase. Some providers of mobile TV services to major broadcasters are exploring the element of mobilizing mainstream TV programs or shooting special...
- TV production revives. Robins, J. Max // Variety;9/26/94, Vol. 356 Issue 9, pNY-27
Reports on the growth of television production activity in New York, N.Y. Long-term deals between the city and ABC, CBS and NBC; Fox Broadcasting's relocation to New York; Costs and logistical hassles of television production.
- TV shoots rise for week. McNary, Dave // Daily Variety;12/5/2012, Vol. 317 Issue 46, p5
The article reports on the decline in offlot production and the increase in the television shoots in Los Angeles, California.
- Leaving Los Angeles. Frutkin, Alan James // Adweek Eastern Edition;5/28/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 22, pSR20
Focuses on Hollywood-based television production companies' filming of their programs in other cities in the United States as of May 28, 2001. Advantages of filming in New York City; Benefits of filming in small cities; Disadvantages of filming outside Los Angeles, California. INSETS: Quote...
- OMVC push for just one mobile TV standard. // Electronics Weekly;6/27/2007, Issue 2294, p16
The article reports that the Open Mobile Video Coalition (OMVC) U.S.-based organization of major broadcasters, has called the electronics industry to chose a standard for mobile television (TV). It is stated that the OMVC wants the industry to take part in the Advanced Television Systems...
- Industry approves Glee hail change move. Briscoe, Jenni // DIY Week;7/26/2013, Issue 5734, p4
The article reports on the transfer of Glee to halls 17-20 at the National Exhibition Center (NEC) Arena in Birmingham, England in 2014 which will begin a new chapter of the television show.
- Are we having fun yet? Coutts, Doug // Onfilm;Aug2003, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p10
The article reflects on the drama "Country GP." The location for the shooting of the show is described. The rehearsals for the studio recordings are addressed. The role of the art department in the shooting is cited. The challenges encountered in doing the show are also enumerated.
- Eastward, ho! Battaglio, Stephen // Hollywood Reporter;6/13/95, Vol. 337 Issue 33, pS-19
Focuses on the production of primetime television films in New York City. NBC's `Love, Sidney,' starring Tony Randall; Production of primetime television shows totally based in the city for the 1995-96 season; `Law & Order' on NBC; `New York Undercover' on Fox; `Central Park West' and `Matt...
- Leaving Los Angeles. Frutkin, Alan James // Adweek New England Edition;05/28/2001, Vol. 38 Issue 22, pSR20
Discusses the advantages and disadvantages of filming television programs on location in the United States. Television programs that are filmed on location; Advantages of filming television programs in New York City; Why television producers and directors prefer location filming. INSETS:...