Rehr: Mobile TV Dollars Await
- Cameras. Stark, Dan // Broadcast Engineering;Jun2004, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p79
Discusses the technological advances in television cameras that were introduced during the 2004 National Association of Broadcasters Exhibition. Transition from tape-based camcorders to compact disc-based cameras; Introduction of the P2 camcorders developed by Panasonic Co. with video recording...
- Nvision switches to HD. // TVB Europe;May2004, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p8
Introduces Nvision's high definition television version of its NV-5128-MC master control switcher. Use of the switcher by television stations migrating from an analog to a standard definition or high definition infrastructure.
- Satellite Television Continues To Drive Set-Top Box Market. Holmes, Mark // Satellite News;9/12/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 35, p6
Focuses on the role of satellite television in driving the set-top box market in the U.S. Increase in the number of boxes in the home both in terms of individual boxes and multioutput boxes; Effect of personal video recorders on set-top box growth; Background on the competition in the digital...
- Granada taps Quartz routers. // TVB Europe;Jan99, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p8
Reports on the installation of a broadcast routing infrastructure from Quartz, in Granada Television's `Coronation Street' studio, as part of a three-part upgrade at the Manchester, England-based broadcaster. Digital video and stereo audio equipment installed.
- The next generation of on screen monitoring. Everett // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;Nov99, Issue 302, p42
Addresses advances in on-screen monitoring of live video and audio in television broadcasting. Features of the VTM-3000 series of multiformat on-screen monitors; Features and functions; Comparison with previous measuring instruments; Applications in real systems.
- A Finnish Utopia. // TVB Europe;Sep97, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p92
Reports that YLE, Finnish State Television, ordered UTOPIA, Broadcast Technology's radio frequency (FRF) transmitter monitoring unit, for its remote television transmitters.
- New digital gizmo gets RAI push. Zecchinelli, Cecilia // Variety;10/27/97, Vol. 368 Issue 12, p30
Highlights the implications of the availability of the new multifamily digital receiving equipment for the national television market in Italy. Launch of the device by Carlo Sartori, the director of pubcaster RAI's thematic digital channels; Features of the device; Projected number of units to...
- The pieces to the puzzle. Van Tassel, Joan // Broadcasting & Cable;04/23/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 17, p58
Reports on the effort of suppliers to provide hardware, software and system integration required for centralized television broadcasting or centralcasting. Key elements of the centralcasting process; Major centralcasting equipment vendors; Connectivity and interoperability required in...
- Media Manager at the European Parliament. // TVB Europe;Dec2005, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p3
The article reports that European Parliament has agreed with SGT Ltd. to manage its audiovisual contributions workflow and handle multiple languages and simultaneous operations made available by the Europe By Satellite channel and other European television broadcasters. The author noted that the...