Hispanic Nets Tweak Upfront
- Spanish network makes debut. Wright, Don A. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;2/28/2003, Issue 323053, p1
Reports that Azteca American, the Mexico-based broadcast company, will begin airing KMSG Channel 55 in California. Receipt of the Azteca America affiliation by Pappas Broadcasting; Radio campaign for the debut of the station; Marker range of the station.
- AZTECA ADDS TEXAS AFFILS. Tegel, Simeon // Daily Variety;3/17/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 51, p12
Announces that U.S. Spanish-language television network Azteca America has signed up affiliates in Texas.
- AZTECA AMERICA ADDS AFFILS. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;5/22/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 33, p10
Reports on the developments at television network Azteca America Inc. Market share of the network; Affiliates of the company; Dispute of the company with EchoStar; Projects of the network.
- Play ball! L. J. B. // Industrial Laser Solutions;Aug2006, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p8
The article reports that the television broadcasting company ESPN Inc. turned to laser marking to highlight its coverage of sports in the U.S. The company was looking for baseball footage that it would use to introduce all of its basebal-related segments, SportsCenter, and baseball games....
- ESPNU Prepares For Kickoff. Becker, Anne // Broadcasting & Cable;2/28/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 9, p4
Reports on the television broadcasting by ESPN Inc. of shows that are devoted to college events in February 2005. Sports that will be aired on ESPN; Investigation on the company's practice of televising.
- Shooting and Scoring. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;5/23/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 21, p25
Looks at the impact of reality-competition television programs on the ratings of ESPN Original Entertainment. Description of the television programs; Impact of the loss of National Hockey League playoff contests on the network; Outlook for the ratings of the network.
- Mobile ESPN Reboots Via Verizon Wireless. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;2/12/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p12
The article reports that ESPN's mobile video and content service will have a second service through an exclusive, multi-year deal with Verizon Wireless. The Mobile ESPN service will be available to Verizon Wireless' V Cast service subscribers. The carrier will offer the application ESPN...
- ESPN in the cross hairs. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;06/11/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 24, pSR22
Discusses the economic status of cable television network ESPN as of June 11, 2001. Recognition of the ESPN brand name worldwide; Household ratings of ESPN in 2001; Revenue in 2000.
- ESPN to Add HD Channel; Plans Full-Time 'Deportes' Kramer, Staci D. // Cable World (10427228);9/30/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 36, p8
Deals with the plan of ESPN to add cable television networks in its lineup in 2003. Objective of the company for launching ESPN HD; Information on ESPN Deportes.