Basking in the Sun
- New VH1 Team Looking for a Fresh Approach. Lafayette, Jon // Cable World (10427228);8/5/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 30, p40
Discusses the changes in programming and marketing at VH1 cable television (TV) network. Rate of decline in ratings in the first quarter of 2002; List of TV shows it will launch; Efforts to intensify the marketing of the network.
- Nick's not kidding around with '04 slate. Dei, Lily // Daily Variety;6/26/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 57, p4
Discusses the development of television programs for children by cable television network, Nickelodeon. Number of projects; Focus on issues facing children; Practice of the network to broadcast diverse programs.
- Suite music. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;02/22/99, Vol. 129 Issue 8, p19
Focuses on the launching of The Suite, a series of cable channels from MTV Networks company. Difficulties faced by MTV Networks for the launching of Nickelodeon and Gen X-magnet MTV; Goals of the company for the project; Comments from Mark Rosenthal, president of the company.
- Cable Waking Up In Late-Night Arena. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;7/21/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p66
Focuses on the introduction of basic programming by cable networks to attract viewers for the late night programs. Talk show introduced by Music Television (MTV) known as The New Tom Green Show; Plans of MTV to hire young men to play as anchors in the talk show; Features of the talk show.
- Internet, Videogames Spur New Nick Shows. Becker, Anne // Broadcasting & Cable;3/13/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 11, p39
Reports on several children's television programs launched by Nickelodeon that are spinoff from Internet and video games. Release of the computer-generated imagery action adventure series "Tak and The Power of JuJu"; Completion of the deals of Nickelodeon with its key partners.
- Nickelodeon's new toon channel makes grab for the four-to-nines. // Televisual;Jul2002, p5
Reports on the launch of the animated television program 'Nick Toons,' by British cable television network Nickelodeon in 2002. Objective of the television program; Plan of the management to make the program interactive.
- Games On for Nets. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;3/24/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p7
The article announces the initiatives of cable networks Nickelodeon, Sci Fi Channel and Lifetime to provide casual games for the Web. Nickelodeon/MTVN Kids and Family Group of Cos. will add 1,600 video games to its digital gaming portfolio. These games include Nick-branded titles from such shows...
- Ratings week. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/5/94, Vol. 124 Issue 36, p19
Rates the cable television shows in the United States, according to Nielsen, for the week of August 22-28, 1994. ABC; CBS; NBC; Fox.
- The WB's mulitplexing plan. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;4/1/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 13, p6
Reports plans of WB cable network to multiplex several programs in the U.S. Percentage of unit prices for the second play; Reference to the experience of the network in multiplexing the program 'Charmed'; Selection of series by producers.