Cable to TV Rescue
- Comcast Goes Wider. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;12/15/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 49, p26
The article reports that Comcast Corp. expects to attain its goal of providing wideband cable-modern service with up to 50 megabits per second downloads by the end of 2008. Its multiple system operators has announced the availability of higher-speed Internet services in several cities in U.S....
- GROWING IN EVERY DIRECTION: THE 1980s. // Multichannel News;11/18/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 44, p26
The article offers information on the achievements of the media and communication services provider Comcast Corp. in the 1980s and reports that its number of subscribers grew from 200,000 to more than 2 million in the decade following the deregulation of the U.S. cable industry in 1984.
- Roberts: Cable's Winning the Fight. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;3/12/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p37
The article reports on the advantages gained by U.S. cable industry despite the entry of telephone companies in the video market. According to Comcast Corp. chief executive officer Brian Roberts, more than half of its new high-speed Internet customers deserted from less-expensive,...
- Comcast, Sinclair Agree On Retrans. Bednarski, P. J. // Broadcasting & Cable;3/12/2007, Vol. 137 Issue 11, p22
The article reports a contract agreement between cable systems operator Comcast Corp, and Sinclair Broadcast Group for the retransmission rights for Sinclair's local television station signals. The two parties are cited giving conflicting accounts of the deal's terms. Comcast declared it had not...
- Schmooze. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/1/2010, Vol. 140 Issue 41, p14
Photographs of the several participants in the Broadcasting and Cable Hall of Fame event including Paul Karpowicz, Melissa Grego, and David Zaslav are presented.
- Stickiest Shows. // Multichannel News;5/5/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 18, p28
A table ranking basic-cable shows telecast from April 14-20, 2014 according to the Rentrak Stickiness Index rating which measures social engagement is presented.
- TALKBACK. // Multichannel News;5/5/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 18, p30
The article presents readers' responses to articles in the April 30, 2014 issue including "Cable Show: MSOs Prepared to Enter Gigabit Era" and "Cable Show: Cox to Offer 1-Gig to All".
- CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;1/11/2016, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p20
A calendar of events related to cable television industry from February 1-April 6, 2016, is presented, which includes Louisiana Cable Telecommunications Association's show, the Southwest Cable Communications Association's Annual Meeting and the Television and Video Marketers Conference.
- Housebound. Schley, Stewart // CED;Jan2008, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p16
The author discusses the increasing trends of housing that has triggered the demand for home-entertainment services, particularly for cable connections. He stated that as net increases in the housing supply, it created a significant new customer pools for cable operators. He concluded that the...