THROUGH THE WIRE
- Grushow fetching filmmakers. Thielman, Sam // Daily Variety;4/21/2008, Vol. 299 Issue 11, p3
The article reports that Former Fox Television Stations Inc. executive Sandy Grushow has joined with producer Deepak Nayar to create Filmaka.com, a Web-based movie studio that is attracting aspiring filmmakers. Filmaka.com hosts a series of contests judged by a jury that includes filmmakers Wim...
- Entertainment Leaders Bow New Web Studio. Kudick, Kyra // Home Media Magazine;4/20/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 16, p4
The article reports on the launch of Filmaka, a global digital entertainment studio and online community for aspiring filmmakers, on April 21, 2008. Filmaka was founded by independent film producer Deepak Nayar and led by former Fox Television Entertainment Group chairman Sandy Grushow. A...
- New Site Matches Directors, Brands. Mahmud, Shahnaz // Adweek;4/21/2008, Vol. 49 Issue 13, p6
This article reports on the April 2008 launch of the filmmaking website Filmaka. Filmaka is a venue where aspiring filmmakers can potentially find producers for their work through monthly competitions. The article discusses the role of branded entertainment, as well as website founder Deepak...
- Fearless in Los Angeles. Ratcliffe, Michael // New Statesman;01/02/98, Vol. 127 Issue 4366, p36
Profiles Wim Wenders, a German film director. Account on Wenders' film `The End of Violence'; Disciplines tried by Wenders before settling down at film school; Other films done by Wenders.
- WIM WENDERS. T. R. P. // Paste: Signs of Life in Music, Film & Culture;Mar2010, Issue 61, p39
The article features German motion picture director Wim Wenders.
- Parallel universe. McDonald, Kathy a. // Daily Variety;1/19/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 16, pA22
Reports on the accessibility of the fifth edition of the Sundance Online Film Festival (SOFF) in Park City, Utah via the Internet. Availability of a new content in the form of filmmaker interviews and daily behind-the-scenes coverage; Access to five interactive SOFF Frontier shorts via the site;...
- Tribute to Wim Wenders. // Media Development;2006, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p60
The article presents an interview with Wim Wenders, a German director who was awarded with a special price by the Ecumenical Jury during the 50th anniversary celebration of the Locarno film festival in Switzerland. He considered it as the most important prize he had received as a filmmaker....
- Welcome to Wim Wender's World. Jarrett, George // TVB Europe;May2000, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p8
Interviews film and video director Wim Wender. How Sony persuaded him to test its high definition camcorder; His views on the 16:9 screen; Impact of the 24p high definition camcorder on shooting ratios and on the stock economy.
- King of the road. Dent, Jackie // Bulletin with Newsweek;3/4/2003, Vol. 121 Issue 6362, p15
Interviews Germany-based motion picture director Wim Wenders. State of German national cinema as of March 04, 2003; Importance of personal beauty of actors in cinema and theatre; Idea of the influence of American cinema on local cinema.